Position: Regional Health And Nutrition Technical Advisor
Location: East and Southern Africa
Duration: 12 Months
Application Deadline: 25th January 2021
Essential Experience And Skills
- At least 7 years’ experience of delivering high quality health programmes with experience in humanitarian preparedness and response.
- Understanding of the development/humanitarian health and nutrition sector in ESA region.
- Excellent knowledge of theories and practices in Health sub-sectors: maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, health promotion and disease prevention, community-based health interventions, health educational interventions, health systems and nutrition.
- Knowledge of global health issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current trends, methods, approaches, policies and strategies to address national and global health and nutrition issues, specifically in the context of conflicts, natural disasters, and recovery.
- Experience of strategy development and planning to develop multi-year, multi-stakeholder health programmes for development and humanitarian settings, including adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- Experience of context, capacity and policy analysis, and influencing and advocacy at regional/international level in order to hold duty bearers to account to realise children’s rights.
- Skilled at networking, representation and partnership development in order promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilise resources.
- Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work for children. Leverages evidence in advocacy work with donors and governments on policies and responses to structural drivers of food insecurity.
- Experience of promoting quality and impact through at least one crosscutting area: gender equality and inclusion, resilience and/or safe programming.
- Demonstrated program design, monitoring and evaluation skills, including designing pathways to sustainable impact at scale.
- Track record in successful business development/fundraising with major institutional donors and UN agencies, in both development and humanitarian settings.
- Significant experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring with proven experience in facilitating presentations, webinars and multi-day training events.
- Proven ability to influence positive outcomes when not managing staff or programmes directly.
- Experience working in East and Southern Africa, and facilitating cross-cultural teams.
- Fluent in English and high level of English writing skills.
Desirable Experience And Skills
- Experience in first wave humanitarian response, including multi-sector assessments and health response strategies. Experience with large-scale outbreaks is an added advantage.
- Ability to programme with gender transformative, diversity and inclusion lens.
- Ability to speak Portuguese or other languages in East and Southern Africa.
How to Apply
If you would like to Apply for this Position, Click the Button below to start the application process
Note to Applicants
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
The position can be based anywhere in the East and Southern African region where we have a Country Office, and where legally allowed to work
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents