Position: KYC Analyst – Kenya
Primary Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Family Group: Compliance and Control
Job Family: Business KYC
The Compliance AML KYC Intermediate Analyst is an intermediate-level position responsible for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring, governance, oversight and regulatory reporting activities in coordination with the Compliance and Control team. The overall objective of this role is to develop and manage a dedicated internal KYC (Know Your Client) program at Citi.
- Responsible for various aspects of risk and control, include but are not limited to Information Security, Continuation of Business and Records Management
- Conduct analysis of risk and associated controls to identify root cause and collaborate with peers and management to report findings with solutions to mitigate risk/control issues
- Provide support to business managers and product staff
- Partner with peers and management on various activities, including developing and executing business plans within area of responsibility, developing compliance guidelines and completing monthly, quarterly, and other periodic risk & control reporting to be used for various forums
- Interface with internal and external teams to provide guidance and subject matter expertise, as needed
- Interface with Internal Audit (IA) and external audit to provide input on situations that create risk and legal liabilities for Citi
- Oversee situations that create risk and legal liabilities for Citi
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Ensuring the clients risks, products and services are accurately captured.
- Provide input and ensure AML Risk Summaries accurately capture the risks of the client.
- Perform KYC tasks, including monitoring and tracking of KYC records and Appendix approval process, assisting with the development and execution of action planning for expiring records, and ensuring records are not past due.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Proven ability to make effective and timely decisions
- Consistently able to anticipate and respond to customer/business needs
- Demonstrated ability to build and cultivate partnerships across business regions
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position and would like to apply, click on the button below to start the application process
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.