Position: Legal Entity and Capital Planning Manager – Nigeria
Primary Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Finance
Job Family: Financial Accounting
- Provide support to the Citi Country Finance Officer (CFO) to protect the Franchise and to ensure Citi is appropriately managing Finance related risks as it affects the business activities in the country.
- Oversee the management and audit of Internal Capital Adequacy Process (ICAAP) and ensure that ICAAP is embedded within the Bank’s capital planning
- Proactively identify and resolve country finance issues, supporting the financial reporting, control and management of legal vehicles in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Administer and support the Funds Transfer Pricing policy of the Bank and provide partnership / support to the businesses.
- Ensuring that accounting complies with Corporate and local generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory accounting guidelines
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Process (ICAAP) and handling all queries related to ICAAP as it pertains to capital planning and management
- Responsible for compliance with local tax laws, transfer pricing and tax planning where applicable, including liaising with the various areas of the bank and tax consultants involved in tax compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with local regulatory and tax reporting requirements.
- Ensuring internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Ensuring that appropriate statutory audits and examinations are conducted.
- Ensuring that the tracking of corrective actions for internal, management Risk and Management Control Assessments (“MCA”) and external audits are diligently performed.
- Involvement with major issues in the various businesses that could give rise to the regulatory concerns or franchise risks.
- Advice the CFO and senior management of the financial and regulatory ramifications of any ethical and business practice concerns that arise within the country.
- Responding to internal and external inquiries (including regulatory inquiries) in coordination with Citi corporate offices.
- Lead or participate in any crisis management investigations that may have financial implications.
- Establish and maintain appropriate documentation/controls to ensure the integrity of financial, regulatory and management information.
- Create effective control environment to ensure adherence with all internal and external policies and procedures. Coordinate audits and internal reviews. Establish a process to ensure all necessary reporting functions are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Interact with the various business units within the Bank including coverage teams, products and Risk.
- Ensure that the control environment remains safe and sound by liaising with Operational Risk Management (ORM), Compliance and the Regulatory Reporting Governance Committee (RRGC).
- Act as regulatory liaison by proactively dealing with the requirements of the Central Bank of Nigeria and other regulators.
- Responsible for oversight over taxes that are applicable to the Bank.
- Analytical and Financial Skills: applicant must have understanding of the Firm’s financials, balance sheet and income statement with ICG Product knowledge, ability to discern key drivers and risk/opportunities.
- Communication skills: will be interacting with the senior management in the franchise, on a variety of internally driven and function driven deliverables.
- Teamwork/Relationship Management: the position requires extensive teamwork, partnership and collaboration across Finance and other functions
- Experience in Citi reporting processes or Product processing group will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of banking products and business
- Knowledge of bank’s systems, e.g. Flexcube, Smart, Pearl, etc
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of finance professionals.
- Good teamwork and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power point and word office software.
Academic Qualification / Other Requirements
- Minimum of First Degree or equivalent in any discipline plus a relevant higher degree
- Possession of ACA, ACCA, CFA or other relevant professional qualification or relevant higher degree required”
- Minimum of 15 Years post-graduation experience, of which 10 Years must be in Banking
- 3 Years as Senior Manager or equivalent level with experience in at least three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- Good Accounting skills
- Financial Modeling and analytical skills
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position and would like to apply, click on the button below to start the application process
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.