Position: Database Administrator
Organisation: CRDB Bank
To provide day-to-day support as well as continuous daily monitoring, performance tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting of the entire bank’s database management systems. Ensure accessibility, integrity and security of the entire bank’s database management systems for efficient and effective operations.
- Perform installations, configuration and upgrades of database software and related products (e.g Weblogic Application Servers).
- Daily database performance monitoring, optimization and tuning to ensure maximum availability and high performance.
- Perform proactive database maintenance.
- Manage and perform database purging, backups and recovery activities.
- Maintain development, test and production database environments.
- Implement and maintain database security standards.
- Provide 24/7 support when required.
- Attend to any other duties assigned.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems(IS), Computer Science, Computer Systems Technology or related academic field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in related Database.
- Must have professional certifications in Databases OCA, OCP.
- Proficiency with SQL server and Oracle query scripting.
- Experience in operating Systems; Unix, Linux, Solaris and Windows.
- Strong knowledge in administering Oracle and MS SQL Database Management Systems.
- Weblogic application knowledge will be added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above and you would like to apply for the position, click the button below to start the application process