Position: Investment Analyst
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 29th January 2021
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Update the research database on a periodic basis.
- Keeping up to date with macro-economic trends, market developments as well as monitoring corporate actions of listed companies.
- Forecasts near term and long-term macroeconomic indicators such as GDP, inflation and interest rates as well as industry and company specific financial projections with clearly identifiable performance drivers.
- Researches, analyses and provides relevant information for investment decision making.
- Building a detailed and appropriate model, valuation and investment case for each company which is revisited on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and insight into key drivers of assigned companies and industries under review.
- Articulate how changes to key model drivers can affect valuation as well as what assumptions are currently priced into each share and clearly communicate investment recommendation and updates.
- Analyses the position of listed and unlisted companies within the investment universe.
- Analyzing credit risk of listed or unlisted Fixed Income instruments.
- Makes recommendations regarding investment attractiveness of listed equities, unlisted equities, offshore, private equity, alternative assets and fixed income instruments to the Investment Committee.
- Develop and make asset allocation recommendations through the Research model portfolio.
- Communication focuses on transferring of relatively complex information in a manner that aides in investment decision making.
- Manage key relationships (external analysts and government institutions) to enhance intelligence gathering
- Provide support to the Portfolio Managers, Business Development Manager Performance Analyst, Dealer and Risk & Compliance Officer.
- Advising on implementation of key financial and accounting standards for the Group.
- Assist the Risk & Compliance Officer in verification of client documentation such as Investment Management Agreements, Investment Policy Statements and Know Your Client and Anti Money Laundering documentation.
- Assisting Risk and Compliance in compliance violations reports.
- Act as alternate to Performance Analyst or Dealer as assigned.
- Accepts and adheres to the company values.
Skills And Competencies
- Decision Making
- Gaining Commitment
- Initiating Action
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical Knowledge
- Critical thinking Skills
- Demonstrate continuous training and growth
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance and/Investment Analysis
- CFA qualification is an added advantage
- Technical Knowledge and skills
- Experience in financial modeling and investment analysis
How to Apply
To apply for this job, click the button below