Position: Manager Aviation Security
Department: Aviation Security
Reports To: Director Aviation Safety and Security Regulations
Application Deadline: 10th February 2021
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is responsible for providing regulatory oversight on air safety, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the vacant position of Manager Aviation Security in its establishment.
To plan and direct aviation security oversight activities and operations at the Authority
Scope of work / Duties / Responsibilities
- Developing aviation security policies, strategies, programs and technical guidance materials and implementation thereof;
- Overseeing the enforcement of legislation and regulation to comply with the ICAO standards and recommended practices;
- Facilitating certification of regulated agents, airlines catering operators, aviation security service providers, aviation security screeners supervisors, instructors and inspectors;
- Approving operators’ aviation security manuals;
- Facilitating security surveys, audits, inspections and systems tests;
- Approving security training programmes and courses for the operators;
- Approving airport contingency plans;
- Reviewing assessment reports on mitigation of threats of man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS) and stand-off weapons;
- Providing secretariat services to the National Civil Aviation Security Committee;
- Coordinating ICAO Universal Security Audit Programme (USAP) activities and corrective action plans;
- Preparing annual work plans for the department and accompanying budgetary estimates and performance targets;
- Supervising, guiding, appraising, training and developing of staff;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Director, Aviation Safety and Security Regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least ten (10) years’ experience, five (5) of which should be in senior role in the aviation security sector or security related sector.
- Proven experience for financial accountability and people management. Knowledge and Skills
- Have a good understanding of the mandate of KCAA and the role of the aviation security function in realization of the mandate.
- Have demonstrated outstanding professional and managerial competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Knowledge of security standards and regulations, security audit and programmes.
- Strong people management skills, with ability to guide the performance of others.
- Ability to plan and budget for scarce resources, human or otherwise, to achieve targets.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand security issues from the broader national perspective.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letter quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials, a detailed CV with daytime telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the address below.
The application should be received not later than 10th February 2021.
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: Persons living with disabilities are required to attach a valid membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation
Authority Aviation House – JKIA
P. 0. Box 30163 — 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted