Position: Manager, Training and Conferences
Application Deadline: 29th January 2021, before Noon
The position is responsible for overseeing the running of training services which includes creating content and implementing a training schedule/calendar for both in house and open programs; marketing training programs; coordinating and overseeing the day to day operations of the training and conferencing function. The job holder will not only be driving Training & Conferences (T&C) business at the corporate level but also supporting the KIM Branch Managers in corporate training business generation as well as ensuring quality programs are delivered and customer experience enhanced
Managerial / Supervisory/ Operational Responsibilities or roles:
- Identify and review of training needs for individuals and organisations to come up with the latest training trends in the market.
- Market open / in house training programs and conferences
- Develop strategic alliances with partners and other institutions as appropriate to help in facilitation of the institute programs and marketing.
- Organise both local and international trainings.
- Prepare, submit and follow up on proposals and tenders to bring new businesses in the institution
- Coordinate training programs like venues, materials and resource requirements.
- Facilitate prompt invoicing and payment by participants/organisations to ensure steady income for the Institute.
- Preparation of training materials and post training reports to enhance smooth training delivery and positive feedback.
- Prepare facilitators’ payment details for approval after completion of every training
- Convene/attend meeting for information sharing, planning, reviewing, evaluation and budget management.
Responsibility for physical assets
- Office furniture
- Computer and LCD
Nature of Decision Making
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Minimum level of academic qualification, skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in the role:
- Master degree from a recognized institution
- Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role:
- Member of a professional body
- Hold a professional qualification
- Minimum months or years of experience required to have to be appointed to the position :
- Minimum (5) years’ of relevant experience.
Key Performance Indicators
- Individual annual target 29 million
- Foresee freelance bringing 40 Million
- Department wise 150 million
- Develop a training policy
- Expand Local and regional network through collaboration and network
- Customer satisfaction
- Service delivery and quality assurance
- Business skills
- Networking skills
- Marketing skills
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Business Diagnostic skills
- Presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Pursues new ideas and possibilities to stimulate business results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of client issues; seeks information about the real underlying needs of the customer, beyond those expressed initially.
- Leverages in the strengths of other to accomplish the set objectives.
- Refers to specific measures of baseline performance compared with better performance at a later point time.
- Finance and Administration
- Communication and Corporate Affairs
How to Apply
Application letters in MS Word format can be sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by 29th January 2021.
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.
NB: Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KIM is an equal opportunity employer.