Position: Procurement Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Corporate
Application Deadline: 28th January 2021
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the procurement strategy that supports the achievement of the Toyota Kenya Limited business objectives. The manager coordinates the operations of the department to ensure the delivery of timely and quality procurement services in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations, as well as with the relevant Toyota Kenya Limited policies, procedures and processes.
Main Responsibilities Of The Job
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and services to ensure the procurement department supports the implementation of the Toyota Kenya Limited business strategy, as well as compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies/Policies to ensure the responsiveness of the department operations in the implementation of the Toyota Kenya Limited business goals.
- Initiate and manage relationship with key stakeholders for enhanced ease in procurement
- Monitor the implementation of DD recommendations to ensure timeliness in implementation.
- Prepare periodical reports on the procurement function to report on progress and challenges experienced.
- Coordinate the procurement plans to ensure timely preparation and implementation.
- Coordinate the management of supplier contracts and Service level agreements to ensure Toyota Kenya Limited is protected from risks.
- Implement regular reviews of sourcing options to identify sources that deliver value for money for Toyota Kenya Limited
- Coordinate support to user departments to ensure user departments are assisted in the development of accurate and timely resource projections
- Conduct market research to advise in the annual procurement planning process, and implement a market intelligence program that advises on commodity prices and supply benchmarks
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of a supplier master file, and lead the determination of an optimal number of active suppliers to enhance the responsiveness of the department to user needs
- Supervise the implementation of periodic validation exercises of procurement plans and buying schedules with user departments to ensure plans and schedules are accurate and current in support of business operations
- Enforce the use of systems and eliminate all other off – system processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the procurement process
- Consolidate the Toyota Kenya Limited annual procurement budget through the consideration of the input received from the various functions in Toyota Kenya Limited, to ensure adequate and timely allocation of resources required for the implementation of the procurement plan
- Ensure that staff in the function are trained and developed in line with both individual and organizational growth goals, to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Provide support to the development of new processes, procedures and solutions for procurement department
- Develop and manage supplier relationships for the function to deliver breakthrough performance in cost quality and service
- Negotiate contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure that service, quality, added value, lower cost, security of supply and deployments of the supplier’s capacities in innovation are secured
- Evaluate and monitor the SAP functionality to ensure the software provides adequate support in the delivery of timely and quality procurement services.
- Verify Supplier payments to ensure the payments made are compliant with the Toyota Kenya Limited procurement and payment guidelines.
- Coordinate training in the corporate division to ensure the availability of competencies critical for the delivery of quality and timely service to users.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required performing effectively in the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field
- CPSP-K OR CPA-K
Minimum level of experience required performing effectively in the role
Eight (8) years relevant experience, three of which are in a management position.
- All departments
- Relevant institutions
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Tax Laws
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Business Acumen – Knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place
- Strategic agility – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Perspective – Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
- Technical learning – Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
- Quality decisions – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of your solutions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time
- Problem solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is excellent at honest feedback; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Interpersonal skills – Is self-aware, and has ability to relate with people across all levels of seniority as appropriate, to ensure achievement of personal targets
- Organisational positioning skills – Understanding of organisation structure both formal and informal, is sensitive to how people and organisations function; politics as a necessary part of organisational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- Energy and drive – Has speed and agility; taking quick and timely action; seizes more opportunities than others, pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, and does not misrepresent themselves for personal gain.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 28th January 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please indicate Procurement Manager as the header of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer