Position: Senior Manager – M-PESA Universal Payments
Application Deadline: 8th February 2021
Safaricom is pleased to announce the vacancy for Senior Manager – M-PESA Universal Payments within Financial Services. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Head of Department – M-PESA New Business Ventures, the position holder will be responsible for the managing universal payments propositions as well as execution of the strategy. Universal Payments includes and is not limited to global payments propositions, remittances, interoperable payments with universal payments service providers and relevant payment services beyond the M-PESA ecosystem. The incumbent will interact with all stakeholders with respect to universal payments i.e. the regulator, various strategic partners, consumer and merchant facing teams to ensure sustained growth while managing the contractual obligations and commercials. The incumbent will also ensure additional and adequate ongoing strategic and tactical focus on the proper execution of the overall universal payment’s strategy.
- Develop and manage the overall Universal Payments strategy from strategic planning through to tactical execution
- Support the execution of M-PESA Africa Payments strategy at both Opco and group levels
- Develop new Business Models around Universal Payments that will ensure that Safaricom keeps its strategic focus of financial inclusion by exploiting new business opportunities beyond traditional and existing payment services
- Embrace new-to-world technology and disruptive business models to ensure Safaricom remains Africa market leader in payments. Leverage technology to widen the current scope of payments on M-PESA towards driving Financial Inclusion
- Own the product roadmap of the organization platform thinking holistically across the entire value chain to further the organization’s position in the market
- Guide the business in the growth of Universal Payments within the Payments Ecosystem
- Develop a strategic partnership framework that defines the contractual engagement for onboarding new partners and managing existing partners in the payment’s ecosystem
- Work closely with existing and new partners to identifying opportunities that will ensure growth on revenue. Target, prospect, develop and strengthen partnerships with other organizations that enable to scale the financial services payments business
- Ensure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligations and that the company is providing the required support for them to do so.
- Maintain consistent communication and builds positive brand partner rapport
- Responsible for initiating, negotiating terms, and maintaining the comprehensive partnerships and contractual agreement process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from the other partnerships.
- Suggest and develop processes and services to improve operational efficiency between the partners
- Engage with key influencers and decision makers across different teams to accomplish the partnership goals in the payment’s ecosystem
- Be an expert in customer trends, stay informed of data-driven marketing news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
- Monitor market insights (market intelligence) and competitor activity within the payments sector to support overall business strategy and support decision-making.
- Collaborate with the relevant teams to develop marketing strategy and plans to grow the Universal Payments business
- In liaison with the regulatory team drive deeper relationships with the regulator to ensure approval of new products and services
- Ensure compliance with the National Payments Systems (NPS) Act and Money Remitters adherence to FATF recommendations and POCAMLA Act.
- Facilitate a strong and open relationship with the regulator to ensure continual improvement with a better understanding of the regulatory expectations and regulatory agenda.
- Coordinate responses to regulatory requests including consultation papers providing key stakeholders with advice and guidance on regulatory expectations.
- Ensure statutory reports are duly submitted to the Central Bank of Kenya in an accurate and timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a recognized university
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 6-8 years’ experience in a large corporate or multinational company, demonstrated progression and at least 3 years’ experience in a Telecommunications company handling partnerships, business development and strategy formulation.
- Must have a good understanding of the payment/financial services market.
- Must have excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate an awareness of current events and trends.
- Experience in management of budgets and forecasts in a large company
- Track record of innovation and development of new products and services
- Must demonstrate strategy execution/delivery
- Financial Responsibility:
- Responsible for the Universal Payments Revenue
- Responsible for projecting expenditure – OPEX for research, development and day to day running of M-PESA Universal Payments
- Responsible for expending OPEX within approved limits
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly click the button below and follow prompts.
Remember to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Deadline for application: 8th February 2021