Position: Data Specialist (1 position)
Location: Busia County
Duration: One (1) year with a possibility of extension
Reports to: Data manager
Ref No: CGHR/153/12/20
Application Deadline: 1st February 2021
The Spatial Repellents (SR) project is funded by UNITAID and seeks to fill the gaps for assessing spatial repellent products efficacy, deployment and uptake strategies. In this regard, Kenya has been selected as the site for conducting the epidemiological evaluation of spatial repellent product efficacy in a high malaria transmission setting. This study will be conducted in Busia County over the next two years. The project seeks to fill the following position(s); Data Specialist (1 position)
- The incumbent will be responsible for performing various data management, data entry, cleaning and validation, processing, and analysis functions in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Diploma in IT, Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Statistics, or Biostatistics.
- Minimum 2 years’ working experience in data management (data entry, cleaning, and validation) preferable within a Clinical research set-up
- Experience in managing and ensuring data quality
- Have a good working knowledge of GCP requirements for clinical trials
- Excellent working knowledge of statistical packages/programs (preferably R or STATA) and statistical analyses.
- Experience with electronic data collection tools (CommCare, REDcap, ODK, etc.).
- Knowledge of database languages, such as SQL or visual basic preferable.
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Must have good writing, organizational & communication skills
- Good judgment in problem solving, awareness of own limitations, and strong internal motivation
- Attention to detail and good work ethics
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet set deadlines
- Flexible and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Ensure timely data entry of completed and verified laboratory microscopy CRFs – meet data team allocated targets
- Perform source data verification, validation and discrepancy management
- Collate, query and clean data coming in from the field sites including flagging out inconsistencies and/or errors arising from data obtained from the field as part of routine data checks
- Provide timely feedback on identified SR component-specific data quality gaps and poor performance.
- Completion of data clarification forms
- Ensure all study paper forms are completed as per GCP standards with all relevant documentation
- Daily storage of consent forms including all paper based CRFs from field sites in Busia according to the SOP’s.
- Supervise movement of data sheets and data files between the study clinics and KEMRI Alupe study office.
- Provide feedback on data submission processes to ensure processes are streamlined and required information is being submitted per set timeframes.
- Ensure that data security measures are adhered
- Documentation including both physical and electronic filing.
- Assure data quality is maintained throughout.
- Troubleshoot and solve common electronic data capture system problems.
- Any other duties assigned by the data manager
Terms of Employment:
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate vacancy Number)
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
This contract is for 1year renewable as per KEMRI schemes of service.
Probation period is for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st February 2021.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its selection process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted