Position: Human Resource Management Officer; J/G KMR6
Reporting to: Senior Administrative Officer
Duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension
Vacancy No: CGHR/160/01/21
Location: Kisumu, Kisian
Application Deadline: 15th February 2021
Base is a platform created to serve collaborative projects with shared facilities and equipment in Kisumu, Siaya, Busia and Homabay Counties. Base has a vacancy in the Human Resource/Administration section as stated above.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre for graduate employees. An officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
The duties and responsibilities are:
- Verifying information relating to recruitment and performance appraisal;
- Assisting in payroll administration;
- Assisting in updating human resource records in an accurate and timely manner;
- Drafting correspondences;
- Processing, monitoring employee leave records and ensuring timely reports;
- Assisting human resources in recruitment and performance appraisal;
- Liaising with the insurance, pension, medical providers; and
- Assisting in coordinating health and safety programs, HIV/AIDS Prevention, gender, disability mainstreaming, Alcohol, Drug and Substance Abuse.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development,
- Human Resource Planning, Education, Public\Business Administration, Commerce (HR Option), Government or any other relevant qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Membership to Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Planning skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Remuneration: Compensation at the stated grade is based on education level, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent through CGHR@kemr.org no later than 15th February 2021.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its selection process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted