Position: Nurse Counselor KMR 8 (3 positions)
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 1 year renewable
Application Deadline: 2nd February 2021
Partners in Health Research and Development (PHRD), a clinical research facility under KEMRI-CCR is currently looking for a mature, motivated individual to fill in the following position; Nurse Counselor KMR 8 (3 positions)
To deliver quality nursing and counseling services to study participants enrolled in a wide range of HIV and STI related clinical studies at PHRD
- Conduct clinical management
- Specifically provide reproductive health inclusive of contraceptive services
- Provide HIV testing and counseling to study participants enrolled in clinical trials
- Conduct procedures required as per research protocol in compliance with good clinical practice
Education and Professional training
- At least Diploma in Nursing (KRN/KRCHN)
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Team player
- Excellent Communication and people skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to work without supervision
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a nurse in a busy health facility
- At least one (1) year experience working in a busy HIV care clinic
- Experience providing reproductive health services
- Prior GCP and Human subjects training is desirable
- Experience working in clinical research setting is an added advantage
Terms of employment
Employment is a one-year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How To Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2nd February, 2021
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.