Position: Quality Control Officer (1 Position)
REF No. 154/12/20
Reports to: QA Coordinator
Durarion: Six (6) months contract with a possibility of extension.
Locations: Busia County
Application Deadline: 1st February 2021
The Spatial repellents (SR) project is funded by UNITAID and seeks to fill the gaps for assessing spatial repellent products efficacy, deployment and uptake strategies. In this regard, Kenya has been selected as the site for conducting the epidemiological evaluation of spatial repellent product efficacy in a high malaria transmission setting. This study will be conducted in Busia County over the next two years. The project seeks to fill the following position(s); Quality Control Officer (1 Position)
The Quality Control Officer will report to the QA coordinator and will be responsible for ensuring that the data collection and filling work (both paper and electronic) is conducted as per the SR study protocol and GCP standards. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity. His/her functions shall not be limited to the following:
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitor study team compliance with required study procedures and GCP standards.
- Assess and ensure subject safety throughout participation in trial.
- Assist in monitoring and documenting adverse events.
- Monitor and document all protocol deviation in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the chain of custody of the Study ICF and samples are well maintained.
- Review all participant files for accuracy and ensure specific visit on CRF are completed as per GCP standards.
- Perform QC review of all microscopy result forms.
- Assist component leads to resolve QC queries and record discrepancies identified during reviews.
- Accurately and timely report the problems requiring action from the study component lead, QA and the PI.
- Ensure that the ICF is complete and according to GCP standards.
- Performing quality control checks on source documents.
- Writing and reviewing of study Standard Operating Procedures.
- Developing of study source documents.
- Any other duties assigned by the QA coordinator.
- Diploma in Nursing, Clinical Medicine or Medical Laboratory.
- At least two (2) year working experience in managing QA/QC in a busy clinical trial.
- Have a good working knowledge of GCP requirements for clinical trials.
- Should have experience working with MS suite (MS Word, Excel and Power point)
- Licensed motorcycle rider is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili- both written and oral.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work well individually, in a team, with the public and to collaborate with counterparts.
- Specialized training in research ethics.
- Attention to detail and systematic approach to their work.
- Previous experience preparing study documents such as SOPs and CRFs
- Proven leadership skills, assertiveness, and ability to take initiative and work in study sites
Terms of Employment:
Six (6) months contract as per KEMRI scheme of service with a possibility of extension.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
How to Apply
Documents needed in the application;
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- KRA tax compliance certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
Applications should be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1st February 2021
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its selection process including application, interview meeting and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately to relevant authority.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted