Position: Revenue Officer
Business Unit: Kenya
Region / Division: Africa
Salary: Competitive Market Rate
Application Deadline: 12th February 2021
Job Type: Permanent & Full-time
Reporting to the Credit Administration Manager, the Revenue Officer will ensure accurate and timely revenue recognition and billing through proper documentation as per laid down company procedures and policies.
- Revenue Recognition
- Work closely with Sales team to ensure that all revenue realized within the month is fully recognized in company financials for the period.
- Enhance accuracy in revenue recognition taking care of differed revenue relating to advance billing or partially realized revenue from ongoing projects are booked as per accounting standards.
- Follow up of accrued revenue documentation for billing with Sales / Operations team within 60 days from accrual date
- Monitor revenue-billing progress and weekly escalate adverse variance to respective service line head and line manager with specific areas of concerns to be addressed with timelines.
- Fast, accurate and timely billing data entry.
- Periodic validation of billing data and accounting for all variances noted on a monthly basis.
- Invoice creation of appropriate billing.
- Monitor revenue inflow progress and weekly escalate adverse variance to respective service line head and line manager with specific areas of concerns to be addressed within agreed timelines.
- Customer Database Management
- Maintaining & updating customer’s revenue data in ERP daily to enhance accuracy in revenue reporting and billing.
- Regularly updates customer details (name, email, phone, vat exemption certificate) as soon as notification documents are received.
- Revenue Reports and Reconciliations
- Generation and circulation of sales reports daily/monthly.
- Performs a detailed reconciliation between service delivery and revenue recognition data in prescribed format before release of monthly revenue report.
- Carry out monthly revenue reconciliation between GL & AR.
- Contract Management
- Maintain new/amended contract billing schedule (sale orders) in ERP system.
- Monitor contract expiry dates and ensure that both customer and commercial team are notified in writing three months before expiry date.
- Work closely with Commercial team to ensure that expiring contracts are renewed one month before expiry.
- Draft renewal contract documents in three months and engage both commercial team and customers for authorization.
- Daily electronic / physical filing of contracts and other billing documents under assigned portfolio and ensure that proper filing sequence is maintained.
- Price Increase Implementation
- Ensure that customers price increases are implemented as per duly authorized price increase letters.
- Monitor and implement anniversary price increase as per contract on due date for the assigned portfolio
- Invoices Submission
- Validate e – invoices uploaded in invoice submission system with the generated ones from ERP for accuracy before release to customers.
- Timely submission of invoices to customers immediately they are generated.
- Address all queries raised by customers through invoices submission system within 48 hours from receipt.
- Submission of monthly e – statements to customers immediately invoices are submitted.
The Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree in Applied Sciences (Procurement / Business Information Technology / Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics
- Certification in Procurement / Revenue administration is advantageous
- Kenya market
- Kenya legislation
- One to two years in revenue related assignment
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- ERP system(s)
- Google suite of products
Behavioral Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements and you feel you are capable, click the button below to start the application process