Position: Driver – Kampala, Uganda
Under the general supervision of the HR & Admin Manager, the position is to drive, maintain, and manage the Uganda Act East Program project vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive RTI Act East vehicle as may be assigned by the Admin & HR Manager: Drive assigned means of transport for the transport of authorized clients, staff, visitors, goods, messages, mail, etc.
- Collect and deliver goods, mail, documents, and other items as directed
- Pick up officials from the airport as advised.
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean. And in good mechanical condition
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Read and understand specific vehicle operating manual to ensure the safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle.
- Obey traffic rules and road signs, negotiate, liaise, and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate smooth running of vehicle. The driver will pay any fines imposed for disobeying traffic rules.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Produce weekly records of mileage traveled
- Identify any apparent problems during field deliveries and report them to the appropriate personnel.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Job Requirements are a combination of qualifications and related experience. Judgment of an acceptable equivalent combination, on an individual basis, is the responsibility of Management
- Minimum of 5 years of driving experience preferably with an international organization
- Minimum of O’ level with a clean record of driving including defensive driving training
- Females are encouraged to apply
Skills & Abilities
Skills and abilities required to perform this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
- Subscribe to the values of RTI
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs. Knowledge of radio, email, telephone, and other applications.
- Trustworthy, high sense of responsibility, alertness; physical fitness on duty, emotional stability, neat and courteous.
- Good knowledge of the Act to End NTDs | East activity areas and the current conditions of roads and highways.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements and you would like to apply for the position, click the button below to start the application process.