Consultancy position: Organizational Learning Specialist
Organisation: USAID, Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity
Location: Rwanda, Kigali
Duration: February – September 2021
Level of effort: 80 days
RTI International is part of a consortium, led by the Palladium Group, that works with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to implement the Rwanda Integrated Health Systems Activity (RIHSA) with funding from USAID. GOR is currently seeking to secure financial protection and ensure equity in access to health services. RIHSA will support GOR with other stakeholders to achieve two objectives: 1) Increase financial protection by addressing barriers to domestic resource mobilization and health care financing and 2) Increase quality of essential health services at national and community levels.
RTI International seeks to fill a consulting position – Organizational Learning Specialist/Twinning Activity Manager. The position is based in Kigali. The consultant’s work will interface with the project team in Kigali, the Ministry of Health (MoH), and remotely with the RTI project team based in the United States.
Support to District-level Twinning Activity
RTI International, a sub-contractor to Palladium on RIHSA, is seeking a well-qualified consultant to lead RIHSA’s twinning activities. The consultant will work in collaboration with the larger RIHSA team and RTI home office staff to co-design and facilitate peer-to-peer learning workshops and related events, support twinning relationships between key local actors, coordinate district-level twinning activities and provide technical guidance and support to ensure successful twinning relationships and district-level results.
During the period of performance, the consultant will:
- Work with RTI’s home office team and the local RIHSA team to finalize the Twinning activity design, ensuring that the Twinning activity complements other RIHSA activities, and contributes to key results in RIHSA’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning plan.
- Coordinate with the RIHSA team to map the districts that will participate in Twinning activities and match districts according to the approved Twinning activity design.
- Design an initial 3-day Twinning Workshop in coordination with RTI’s Capacity Development Advisor to launch Twinning Activities.
- Conduct a total of two, 3-day Twinning workshops for twenty District Health Units (DHUs).
- As needed, provide 1-day onsite coaching support in each of twenty districts to support twinning relationships and guide coaching activities to seed positive outcomes across twinned districts.
- Provide remote, follow-up, check-in, and coaching sessions with twinned district teams at regular intervals.
- Work closely with RIHSA’s MEL team to continuously track and report agreed-upon twinning milestones, results, and success stories.
- Masters degree
- Experience designing, leading, and facilitating training workshops.
- Experience with capacity development methodologies, including coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to work independently and move a project forward while collaborating with a larger project team.
- A minimum of 5 years health sector experience in Rwanda, with experience at the district level
- Experience working with HMIS data and data systems, preferred.
- Experience working with Rwanda’s accreditation system, preferred.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, and either English or French.
- Coaching certification, preferred.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements and you would like to apply for the position, click the button below to start the application process.