Position: Employee Relations Manager
To advise business and employees on Labour related issues, highlighting the risks to the business and employees alike whilst ensuring that fair and equitable employee relations outcomes are achieved.
Accountability: Implement Regional ER Strategy within the country (20%)
- Provide advice relevance to the ER strategy relating to the country.
- Cascade the Absa ER strategy within the country.
- Ensure the Absa Policies, Disciplinary Code and procedures are implemented within the country.
- Measure the ER climate in the environment as per regional requirements.
- Ensure the country leadership engages appropriately with the country ER, Wellness and Diversity Programme
Accountability: Provide specialist ER, Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion advise (50%)
- Ensure the Absa ER model is applied within the country
- Motivate line managers to enhance their skills levels to manage ER in their environments
- Present and train ER related content through formal corporate instructor lead training, small group facilitated dialogues or through one on one mentoring sessions
- Be available for ER Specialist advice on ER policy, process and programmes (including Industrial Relations, Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion)
- Apply the appropriate advice and input consistently within the guidelines of the Absa ER Principles, Policies, Disciplinary Code and Procedures.
- Manage high-risk cases, cases involving senior employees of the Bank, cases with external bodies / tribunals and cases where the outcome may be dismissal.
- Refer all cases to be logged via the HR Contact Centre (once implemented)
- Be available for support of other countries in the region
- Represent the Group in external dispute resolution, e.g.:
- Interaction with local union(s) where applicable
- Representing the bank with external bodies
- Acting as liaison between the group and external parties acting against or on behalf of the bank
- Build relationships with unions (where applicable); manage union expectations and act as key contact within the environment
- Build partnerships with all levels of employees from individuals to teams, from entry level to executive leadership
- Manages relationships with external clients, vendors, partners and consultants as needed
- Ensures that employees or mentees under supervision receive regular performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems and opportunity to grow professionally
- Coach and advise employees on solving problems and implementing resolutions for performance management challenges; provide guidance on corrective actions, policy interpretation and other workplace human resources challenges
- Participate in investigation process related to ER issues
- Provide input and conclusion to whistle blowing and tip off cases on request
Accountability: Interpret data and provide Business Intelligence (10%)
- Draw monthly reports and highlight trends in the environment
- Analyses exit interview data and trends and provides input to the country leadership time on opportunities for improvement related to employee engagement
- Interpret data and provide Business Intelligence to the business
- Provide case summaries and reports for discussion at monthly team meetings
- Recommend improved practices based on BI to the country management
- Escalate issues in the environment to the Country Cluster ER Manager
Accountability: Implement ER projects in country (20%)
- Identify initiatives to improve ER in the country, obtain local and group sign off and implement.
- Lead or contribute to country initiatives or projects such as employee recognition programme, the employee assistance programme, the annual employment feedback survey, employee led groups (i.e. Women Network Forum or Men of Valour) and other bank led committees (Sexual Harassment Committee or the Employee Council).
- Act as key contact point for the planning and implementation of ER projects in the country:
Wellness Days and events Diversity and Inclusion events ER / IR communications and change
- Bachelor’s Degree: Human Resources Management (Required), Bachelor’s Degree: Industrial and Organisational Psychology (Required)
How to Apply
Click the Button below to start the Application process on Absa’s Career portal