Position: Assistant Accountant
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Application Deadline: 12th January 2021
- Performing reconciliations of accounts.
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Supporting the senior/managing accountant and wider finance team
- Collaborating with these teams to work on various accounting projects
- Preparing all financial statements
- preparation and submission of Statutory returns (PAYE, WHT, SASRA, excise Duty, etc)
- Assist accounting managers in the preparation of annual budgets and income-expenditure monitoring.
- Ensure compliance with statutory accounting standards and audit practices
- Manage the accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Conduct monthly management checks and regular housekeeping activities in order to maintain an efficient financial system
- Prepare and present regular accounting on company financial progress reports in collaboration with the finance manager and present to the CEO.
- Ensure accruals and prepayment concepts are applied to processed transactions
- Process payments and financial documents such as invoices, statements, and vouchers
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business with an emphasis in accounting, or a related field preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) preferred
- Three years of proven accounting/bookkeeping experience (accounts payable preferred)
- Excellent computer skills
- A valid certificate of good conduct.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- The ability to produce accurate financial reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
- The ability to work to strict time constraints
- The ability to prioritizes work
- An organized and methodical approach to a task
How to Apply
Times U Sacco Ltd. is a licensed deposit taking Sacco operating within the country with our headquarters at Nkubu, Meru. We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the position of ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT The applications to reach the undersigned via mail firstname.lastname@example.org or via post on or before Friday 12th February 2021.
Times U Sacco Society Ltd
P.O Box 310-60202 Nkubu