POSITION: Debt Recovery Officer
REPORTING TO: Credit Manager
Application Deadline: 12th February 2021
- Ensure timely follow up of disbursement of loans at the branches so as to maintain the PAR as per set rates.
- Put in place mechanisms of managing Loan portfolio to ensure a healthy portfolio at all times.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for debt collection are adhered to.
- Liaise with the Credit Manager to ensure daily executions of debt follow up through phone calls, SMS, customer visits, and demand letters
- Prepare debt collection reports as may be required from time to time.
- Ensuring full compliance with the core principles of debt collection as stated in the Credit Policy and the Kenyan business environment
- Managing and monitoring the external debt collectors and reporting to the credit manager.
- Any other lawful duties as assign by your superiors
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Are holders of Business related Diploma or its equivalent from arecognized university / college;
- Business related Degree or its equivalent from a recognized university / college is an added advantage;
- Must have a minimum of C+ in KCSE, with a C+ in both English and Mathematics.
- Have satisfactorily served in the Society or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in other societies or in like organizations for a minimum period of one( 1) year
- A valid certificate of good conduct.
- CPA Part 1 or its equivalent is an added advantage;
- Diploma in Co-operative Management is an added advantage.
- Certified credit professional will be an added advantage.
- One-year relevant experience.
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements and processes in the banking environment or any other financial institution
- Fully conversant with micro-credit and SME lending in the
- Ability to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain high sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team player
- High Integrity and strong ethical standards
- Business environment awareness
How to Apply
Times U Sacco Ltd. is a licensed deposit taking Sacco operating within the country with our headquarters at Nkubu, Meru. We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the position of DEBT RECOVERY OFFICER The applications to reach the undersigned via mail email@example.com or via post on or before Friday 12th February 2021.
Times U Sacco Society Ltd
P.O Box 310-60202 Nkubu