Position: Recruitment & Training Officer (1 Post)- ICTA/PIC/01/2021
Application Deadline: 23rd February 2021
The Information and Communication Technology Authority (ICTA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of ICT, Innovation & Youth Affairs. The Corporation was established in August 2013 and is tasked with rationalizing and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. The Authority also promotes ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the ICT Authority Strategic Plan (2020-24).
The ICT Authority Board hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons with excellent academic credentials to fill the Recruitment & Training Officer
Responsible for: Implementing recruitment process, learning and development, retention and employment coordination.
- Coordinate recruitment process, conduct verification of candidate credentials and perform reference check, prepare job offer and contractual documents for selected candidates.
- Coordinate the effective orientation, induction, and placement of trainees and maintain accurate monthly record of the interns.
- Conduct ongoing outreach for the programme to academic and other tertiary training institutions.
- Deployment of qualified applicants, retention effectiveness, low turnover and availability of trainees to the completion of the program.
- Organize and conduct counseling services, exit interviews, handle disciplinary issues and document the outcome.,
- Coordinate clearance of trainee upon successful completion of the program or where there is a need for short term assignments
- Work with supervisors and mentors both in government and private sector to monitor trainee learning and performance
- Develop a training framework, curriculum, manuals and required documents for facilitating training programs and certification activities with the third-party service provider
- Work closely with web developer to develop and curate courses for both technical and soft skills to enable online, self and onsite trainings
- Liaise with key stakeholders and facilitators to determine Programme training needs as well as the selection and appointment of internal and external facilitators in line with budget and curriculum.
- Ensure all trainees acquire training and certification in areas of specialization and soft skills as a conduit to entrepreneurship or formal employment
- Timely processing of interns’ stipend and follow up with all statutory deductions
- Source for potential employers to provide competitive employment opportunities to the interns and track employment placement or self employment before graduation
- Conduct employment forums, events, conference and workshops
- Facilitate the review and improvement in the program training and employment process
- Evaluate key milestones, share knowledge, best practice and lessons learnt from stakeholders that can improve programmes’ impact
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in Social Studies, Business Administration, economics, Human Resources or a related field;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a similar capacity in either the private or the public sector.
- In-depth understanding of Human Resource Management, Labour laws, and training;
- Registered with relevant professional body;
- Good understanding of the ICT sector, the key players and training programmes and associated professional certifications
- Extensive experience in talent sourcing and management
- Knowledge of eLearning and content development
- Knowledge of and working experience with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint and management of a database systems
Personal skills and attributes required
- Ability to evaluate information and situations
- Project management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Team player, establish and maintain good working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and interact with partners and senior management
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements for the position and would like to apply, click the button below to apply for the position on the ICTA recruitment portal