Kenyan eVisa Application
Kenyan eVisa application: Generally, citizens of other countries who wish to travel to or visit Kenya require a visa (there are exceptions to this as detailed below in this article).
The Kenyan government requires the visa application to be done online via the eCitizen platform.
The Link to eCitizen.
eCitizen is a government portal that offers access to information and services provided by the Kenyan Government.
The eVisa is Issued to persons whose nationalities require a visa to enter Kenya either for Tourism, Visit, Medical, Business, or Work. The details of such countries are detailed below in this article.
Important Information Regarding the eVISA Application
- Please note that a visa is required prior to entry into Kenya.
- You are also required to fill in the visa application form
- The applicant should have a Valid travel document not less than six months.
- The holder’s passport should have at least three blank pages.
- You should also have a return ticket.
- Note that the Visa processing fee is non-refundable.
- All Visa Applications attract a $1 Service Charge.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Provision of false information will lead to automatic rejection of visa
- Inappropriate document uploads will lead to automatic rejection of the visa.
- The possession of a visa is not the final authority to enter the Republic of Kenya.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offense.
- Children under sixteen (16) years are exempted from visa payment and are not expected to make a visa application.
- The validity of multiple entry visas (MEV) will range from three to twelve (3-12) months.
- Possession of a multiple entry visa (MEV) does not confer residency.
- In the event of lapse during payment please do not re-apply, contact the administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kindly upload a recent colour passport size photo with a clear background.
- Holders of Diplomatic and Service Passports coming on official duty qualify for Courtesy Visa.
The Fees for VISA
|Visa Type||Visa Fees|
|SINGLE ENTRY VISA + Service Charge||US$51.00|
|TRANSIT ENTRY VISA + Service Charge||US$21.00|
|COURTESY ENTRY VISA + Service Charge||US$0.00|
|EAST AFRICAN TOURIST VISA + Service Charge||US$101.00|
|MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA + Service Charge||US$101.00|
|5yr MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA + Service Charge||US$201.00|
You Should Print the eVISA in colour and present it at the airport or point of entry on arrival
Details of VISA requirement
Nationals of the Countries Listed Below may be issued with an eVisas Upon Application on www.ecitizen.go.ke (category 2 Countries)
|Angola||Antigua and Bermuda||Argentina|
|Cape Verde||Central African Republic||Chad|
|Chile (Nationalist)||China (China P.R.)||Columbia|
|Comoros||Congo (Brazzaville)||Costa Rica|
|Cote de Ivoire||Croatia||Cuba|
|Dominican Republic||DRC||East Timor|
|Honduras||Hong Kong (Holders of Hong Kong special administrative region)||Hungary|
|Morocco||Mozambique||Myanmar (Formerly Burma)|
|Palau Pacific Isles||Panama||Paraguay|
|Sao Tome and Principe||Saudi Arabia||Serbia|
|Spain||Sri Lanka||St. Christopher Cape|
Nationals Exempted from obtaining a Visa (category 1 Countries)
|Barbados||Malawi||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Belize||Malaysia (For less than 30 days stay)||St.Kitts and Nevis|
|Cyprus||New Guinea||The Bahamas|
|Lesotho||South Africa (For less than 30 days stay)||Zimbabwe|
The Following Persons do not require a Visa to Enter Kenya.
- Persons whose passports are endorsed with valid Kenya re-entry passes or any other written authority in lieu of a re-entry pass.
- Passengers arriving and leaving by the same ship, and who do not leave the ship.
- All passengers in transit through Kenya arriving and leaving by the same aircraft or transferring to another aircraft and who do not leave the international transit lounges at the International Airports in Kenya.
- Holders of United Nations Organization Laissez-Passers whilst on official UN Business.
- Persons who are holders of the African Union Laissez-Passers whilst on official A.U. business.
- The Persons who are Holders of African Development Bank Laissez-Passers, whilst on official A.D.B. business
- Those who are Holders of Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa Laissez-Passers, whilst on official ABEDA business.
- People who are Holders of International Red Locust Control Organization for Central and Southern Africa Laissez-Passers, whilst on official I.R.L.C.O. business.
- Persons who are Holders of Desert Locust Control Organization Laissez-Passers, whilst on official D.L.C.O. business.
- Holders of COMESA Laissez-Passers, whilst on official COMESA business. xi. Holders of International Monetary Fund and World Bank Laissez-Passers whilst on official IMF/World Bank Business.
- People who are Holders of Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Laissez-Passers whilst on official IGAD business.
- Those who are Holders of African Airlines Travel Association (IATA) Laissez-Passers whilst on official business.
- Holders of Environment Liaison Centre International (ELCI) Laissez-Passers whilst on official ELCI business.
- Those who are Holders of Union of Radio, Television Network of Africa (URTNA) Laissez-Passers whilst on official URTNA business.
- Holders of International Labor Organization (ILO) Laissez-Passers whilst on official ILO business.
- Persons who are Holders of Preferential Trade Area/Common Market of East & Southern African Bank Laissez-Passers whilst on official PTA/COMESA business.
- Holders of European Union Laissez-Passers whilst on official European Union business.
- Those who are Holders of CIP (International Potato Centre) Laissez-Passers whilst on official CIP business.
- The Holders of African Reinsurance Corporation (ARC) Laissez-Passers whilst on official ARC business.
- Holders of Diplomatic and Service Passports from The Islamic Republic of Iran for a period not exceeding (30) Days stay.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, from The Republic of Turkey and members of their families holding valid Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, while on Transit or Stay not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Those who are Holders of Diplomatic, Official, or Service Passports from the Federal Republic of Brazil for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Serving Members of the British Military (are exempted from visa formalities).
- The manifested crew of ships and aircraft passing through or stopping in Kenya for periods not exceeding seven (7) days in the case of aircrew and fourteen (14) days for the ship’s crew.
- Owners of private aircraft stopping over for refueling in Kenya and who do not leave the precincts of the airport.
The following can NOT make e-Visa applications on eCitizen. These Nationals of countries, classes, and categories of persons require Referred Visas. The VISA applications are referred to the Director of Immigration services for processing and approval.
|Cameroon||Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (Formerly North Korea)||Eritrea|
- Applicants whom there is some local objections or doubt in the country where the application is made.
- Stateless persons or persons not holding valid passports or other travel documents issued by their own country of nationality including recognized refugee holders of the United Nations Refugee Travel Documents.
- Prohibited immigrants as enumerated under chapter 1, paragraph (e) of the Visa regulations.
Other Services on ecitizen under Directorate of immigration services
- Passport Application
- Interstate Pass Application
- Temporary Permit Application
- Work Permits
- Student Pass
- Special Pass
- Dependant Pass