Water, Sanitation & Irrigation Training Revolving Scheme
First Time Applications
Financial Year: 2021-2022
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has partnered with The Kenya Water Institute (KEWI). This partnership is aimed at providing HELB Loans for KEWI Students. The two organizations have set up the Water, Sanitation & Irrigation Training Revolving Fund to offer loans to students pursuing qualifications at KEWI. The Scheme will cater for tuition fees for eligible students.
How to Apply for the HELB Loan for KEWI students
- Applicants should visit the HELB website www.helb.co.ke to access the HELB Students’ Portal to register, create and activate account (ensure you use your personal mobile number).
- Log in and click Loan Application Tab, on the left dashboard.
- From the view window, select and fill the Water, Sanitation & Irrigation Loan.
- Read and agree on the Consent for the Collection and Processing of Personal Data
- Access and fill the application form(s) online.
- Read, understand and sign to accept the Terms and Conditions and Consent for the collection and Processing of Personal Data.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Application Forms. Ensure you preview the form and correct where necessary before printing
- Ensure the forms are appropriately filled, signed, and stamped by the relevant authorities. The Guide is provided on the last page of the form.
- Present one copy of the duly filled Application Form(s) and all the attached supporting documents at the centers below;
- At the HELB Desk in select Huduma Centers.
- HELB Offices, Anniversary Towers, Mezzanine 1 Floor University Way, Nairobi.
- At any of KEWI Campuses.
- Retain a copy of the duly filled and signed Application Form(s) [This is a mandatory requirement]
Eligible Students (Eligibility Criteria for the HELB Loan)
Students pursuing the following courses are eligible for the product:
- Diploma and Certificate Courses in the following areas;
- Water Engineering
- Wastewater and Sanitation Engineering
- Irrigation and Drainage Engineering
- Water Resources Management
- Water Laboratory
- Diploma In Information & Communication Technology
- Artisan courses in the following areas;
- Plumbing and Pipefitting
- Water Operators Course
- Basic Plumbing Course
- Read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online application process.
- The opening date for the Scheme application was 8th January 2022 while the closure date is 31st January 2022
- The scheme application forms are only accessible through the HELB student portal on www.helb.co.ke .
- The Water, Sanitation & Irrigation Training Revolving Fund Application is FREE.
- DO NOT PAY anyone to process your HELB application unless the requisite service charges if you are applying from a Cyber Café.
- In case of any queries, seek assistance ONLY from HELB or KEWI Student Affairs Office.
- Students who provide false information will be penalized as per the HELB Act.
- Students can make enquiries through: email@example.com
For more information, please visit: www.helb.co.ke
Or visit HELB offices
Higher Education Loans Board
Anniversary Towers 18th Floor, Monrovia Street
P.O Box 69489-00400
HELB – Empowering Dreams