How to Register Domain for Free
What is a domain and how can you register a domain for free. A domain is a link people use to get to your website. In other words it is an address to your website. It is a direction to your web content. An example of a domain is getin4.com, which will lead you to the content of this website. A domain is therefore a basic requirement to create a webpage.
How can you Register Domain For Free
It is important to note that every domain has to be registered and yes there is an option for having a free domain. This implies that generally you have to pay for domain registration. The amount you need to pay for registration can range from free to millions of dollars to register a domain. There are various tools that you can use to check the availability of a domain and register it. For instance Namecheap is a very powerful tool for domain search and registration. Click Here to search for a domain and how much it is worth.
You can also use WordPress to check out Domain Pricing and Available TLDs – (Top Level Domains).
Your domain name is a vital part of establishing your brand. This is how your brand is linked to your web content. It is important to note that no two domain names can be exactly the same, just like brand names or registered trademarks or business names. Although they can be similar. Ideally, your custom domain name will be unique and distinctive, so users don’t confuse it with other domain names or different businesses.
Here is how to Register Domain For Free
Yes back to the free domain. There are various ways to register a domain for free but for the purpose of illustration and to share how you can dive into the web world now we share one. WordPress is the answer. WordPress is a free and open-source content management system that is a host to millions of successful websites. They offer free domain registration for a year with their different hosting packages. There’s always a plan for you at WordPress. Whether you want to share your ideas, start a business, or run an online store, you can do it all on WordPress.com. Moreover, they have vast experience and are the masters in this field.
There you have it, there are free domains at WordPress.They provide an affordable and user-friendly platform for individuals to launch projects and be heard in a convenient way. It is important to note that WordPress works really well with Google. Click Here to start your website Now.
Steps to Registering a Domain Name
- First start by finding a domain name registrar.
- Then Search for your preferred domain name.
- Once it is available , Pick and confirm the name choice
- Then Choose a domain name suffix, for instance .com or .org
- Conveniently Purchase the domain name or get it for free.
- Then finalize the registration process.
How much does it Cost to Register a Domain Name
Well as mentioned earlier in the article a domain can cost you nothing ( Register Domain for Free). A domain can also cost you a lot of money – sometimes to millions of dollars to purchase one. This depends on your needs. It is important to note that customized domains will cost you. It is worth noting that there is always a renewal fee for a registered domain. If you are not in a position to pay the renewal fee then the domain can be taken by someone else. There are various factors that determine the price of a domain. We have enlisted them below.
These factors will affect how much you will pay for a domain:
- Demand is an important factor. The forces of demand and supply will determine the price you will pay for a domain. The demand for your preferred domain name will determine the price, for instance if the name you have chosen is a key word like love then their is higher chance that there is high demand for the name which implies that it will cost you.
- Where you buy it from will also determine the price. Just like any other shopping, where you purchase an item determines the price you will pay. I would recommend Namecheap.
- The domain extension or the TLD (Top Level Domains) will determine the price of the domain name. Examples of TLDs include .com .info .org .academy and so on. Most .com domain extensions are usually pricey.
- Add-ons to a domain purchase also determine the purchase price.
Be in the Know
If you Register Domain for Free, there are some advantages as well as disadvantages to it.
The Advantages of Register Domain for Free
- It is easy and pocket friendly
- it gives room to a person who is starting
- You get to start right way
Disadvantages of Register Domain for Free
- Customization requires you to pay
- paid domain names look more professional and are more likely to grow with your brand