The New TSC Teaching Jobs
The New TSC Teaching Jobs includes vacancies for teaching posts in public primary and junior secondary schools in Kenya.
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies to support the implementation of Competency Based Curriculum CBC : –
- 9,000 posts on Permanent and Pensionable Terms of Service for Secondary School Teachers to be posted to Junior Secondary Schools.
- 1,000 posts on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service for primary school teachers.
- 21,550 posts for Teacher Interns in junior secondary Schools.
- 4,000 posts for Teacher Interns in Primary Schools.
How to Apply for The New TSC Teaching Jobs
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website, www.tsc.go.ke – TSC recruitment Portal under “Careers” or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than 16/12/2022.
General information For Those Applying for the New TSC Teaching Jobs
- Manual applications will not be considered.
- The Commission’s Recruitment Guidelines for 2022/2023 (A) Financial Year shall apply for teachers to be employed on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service while the Guidelines for Recruitment of Teacher Interns for 2022/2023 Financial Year shall apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present original academic and professional certificates.
- Selection of Candidates will strictly be on merit and based on the number of vacancies per County.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been employed by the Teachers Service Commission on permanent and pensionable terms.
- Teachers currently serving under the Teachers Service Commission’s Teacher Internship Programme need not apply.
- An applicant is allowed to apply for both Permanent and Pensionable and Teacher Internship posts within his/her county of choice.
- Successful candidates must not fill more than one Application for Employment Form or take more than one employment offer (permanent and pensionable terms or internship). Taking two or more offers of employment will lead to disqualification.
- Successful candidates will be posted to serve in any primary or junior secondary school in the county where they were interviewed or in any part of the Country where the vacancy exists.
- Successful candidates for Junior Secondary Schools shall be required to teach various learning areas under Junior Secondary Curriculum.
- Visit the Commission’s website (www.tsc.go.ke) for more information.
Qualifications for the New TSC Teaching Jobs
Qualifications for Secondary Teacher and Interns
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following minimum
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of at least a diploma in education with a minimum mean Grade of C+ (plus) and C+ (plus) in two teaching Subjects in KCSE or its equivalent.
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
NB: Qualified Technical Teachers (TVET) are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications for Primary Teacher and Interns
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of a PI Certificate;
- Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission.
NB. Teachers with Upgrade Diploma in Primary Teacher Education (CBC) will have an added advantage.
New TSC Teaching Jobs – Additional Requirements for Teacher Interns
In addition to the above qualifications an applicant for Teacher Internship posts must at the time of application meet the following extra requirements:
- Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission, as a teacher on permanent terms;
- Must have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
Note Concerning The New TSC Teaching Jobs
- The Teacher Internship Programme is a one (1) year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering the teaching service. The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
- During verification/ interviews applicants shall be required to produce the following:-
- A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from TSC online portal as evidence of registration as a teacher;
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable);
- Copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport;
- Two (2) colour passport size photographs;
- A copy of National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card;
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).
Monthly Stipend for Teacher Interns
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher interns attached to Primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 15,000/=, while those attached to Junior Secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/=. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher interns will be awarded a certificate.
The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer as per the constitutional provisions and law and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Caution to the New TSC Teaching Jobs Applicants
The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission forewarns applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons purporting to assist in recruitment.
How to Report Fraud on the New TSC Teaching Jobs
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest TSC office or Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following telephone lines: Director Staffing (0202892193) and Deputy Director – Staffing (0202892131) or write to the Commission through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Further, any such fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station.
Details on available vacancies per county is in the Teachers Service Commission’s website: www.tsc.go.ke
Check out the information Hub for this and more useful information – Getin4