getin41 County Assembly of Bungoma
Accountant II – Bungoma County – 2 Posts
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 7
Reference: CASB 25/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Accountant II – Bungoma County – 2 Posts. The remuneration for the Accountant II – Bungoma County shall be as below:
- Basic Salary: Kshs. 49,000
- House Allowance: Kshs. 18,000
- Other Allowance: Kshs. 8,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing Annual and Quarterly Financial Reports and Statements in compliance with existing laws and regulations;
- Preparing audit responses on a need basis;
- Providing information and documents required for end year procedure;
- Perform Bank Reconciliation functions both manually and electronically;
- Processing of payments in accordance with prevailing processes and procedures;
- Maintaining primary books of accounts;
- Filing of Statutory returns;
- Participating in developing accounting manuals, policies, and procedures for operations;
- Coordinating Ward Office operations; and
- Confirming compliance with County Assembly’s internal controls for all payments.
Requirements for Appointment
- minimum period of three (3) years experience in the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management(Accounting/Finance option), or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K) Examination or its equivalent;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance.
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.