getin41 Veterinary Medicines Directorate
Accountant Veterinary Medicines Directorate
Hiring Organization: The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD
Job Reference NO. 02/2022
Scale: VMD 6
Application Deadline: 11th July 2022
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD invites applications from qualified persons for the following positions: Accountant Veterinary Medicines Directorate.
Remuneration and Terms
Basic Salary: Ksh 59,500 X4,500-93,500X6,000-99,500
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Brief About The Veterinary Medicines Directorate – VMD
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) is a body corporate established pursuant to CAP 366 (article 39) of the laws of Kenya. The functions of the Directorate are as per legal Notice No. 209 of 2015 gazette of 9th October, 2015. VMD was formed with the aim of implementing appropriate regulatory measures to achieve the highest standards of safety, efficacy and quality for veterinary medicines whether locally manufactured, imported, exported, distributed, sold, or used, to ensure the protection of animal health and welfare, food safety and security as well as public health and the environment as envisaged by all laws in force in Kenya.
The mandate of VMD is to regulate the manufacture, importation, exportation, registration, distribution, prescription and dispensing of veterinary medicines and the practice of veterinary pharmacy in Kenya.
Qualifications and Requirements:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer application; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution.
Duties and responsibilities entail assisting in;
- Preparing payment vouchers and submitting for processing in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations
- Maintaining registers of documents received and dispatched from the department;
- Maintaining primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books and registers and preparation of management reports eg imprest and expenditure returns;
- Issuing receipts for monies received;
- Filing payments and receipts vouchers and ensuring safety of accounts files;
- Ensuring safe custody of finance records and assets;
- Maintaining registers of fixed assets, and debtors;
- Balancing and reconciling cashbooks on daily basis;
- Facilitating for withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times;
- Preparing bank reconciliations, cash flow statements and monthly reports;
- Ensuring security of cheques and cheque books
- Processing and filing of statutory returns with the relevant institutions;
- Verifying cashbook, payment and surrender vouchers;
- Reviewing of the monthly staff payroll journals
- Preparing all transfer letters for submission to the bank to effect payments;
- Reconciling ledger control accounts, debtors and creditors ledger accounts; and
- Preparing Audit supporting schedules for audit purposes;
Competencies and skills
- Report writing;
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above criteria are to submit a hard or soft copy application, detailed curriculum vitae and other testimonials to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Veterinary Medicines Directorate;
or deliver hard copies with the envelope clearly marking the Reference Number: …. to the Veterinary Medicines Directorate Offices, PCPB Plaza, Loresho Ridge Ground Floor; Addressed to:
Veterinary Medicines Directorate
P.O. Box 66171-00800
Deadline For Application: Monday 11th July, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate is an equal opportunity employer and selects
candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible
For more details, please visit; https://www.vmd.go.ke/