getin41 Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
Accountant – West Africa for Kenya Re
Hiring Organization: Kenya Reinsurance Corporation
Ref No: KRC/HR/R6/2021/06
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire
Application Deadline: 17th May 2021
Role / Purpose
The purpose of the Accountant – West Africa for Kenya Re is to prepare, develop and analyze key financial information to facilitate the Management’s decision-making. The position will provide high-quality support by liaising with other departments on all finance matters, budgetary management, and control. The role holder will be responsible for financial reporting and submission of statutory returns to authorities.
- Monitoring and enhancing the Accounts Payables process to ensure all invoices are timely and accurately paid.
- Dealing with debt collection processes to ensure timely claim recoveries and premium collections.
- Preparing the subsidiary’s annual financial budget;
- Preparing the monthly payroll.
- Ensuring the Corporation is fully compliant on all taxation issues and that all deadlines are fully met.
- Allocating and matching reinsurance receipts and payments and managing the petty cash.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Coordinating the tagging of Fixed Assets upon acquisition, prior to assignment and payment for the same.
- Recording all Fixed Asset acquisitions, retirements, and transfers as well as monthly depreciation in Oracle always ensuring all information is up-to-date.
- Monthly reconciliation of all vendor accounts within set deadlines.
- Filing of all accounts payable and receivable documents on a timely basis and in an easily retrievable manner.
- Preparing accounts schedules for internal, interim, and annual audits and timely resolution of audit queries.
- Any other duties assigned by the Management.
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized university.
- They should possess a Masters BAC plus 5 (i.e.) Master 2 in either of the following – Public Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Audit, and Control or have a higher diploma i.e. DSCG (Diplome Superieur en Comptablite et Gestion) an equivalence of a certified accountant Expert compatible.
- Possession of ACCA – is an added advantage.
- They should have 5 years of experience working in an Ivorian environment or abroad.
- Perfect understanding of the Ivorian tax system and has relative work experience in that field.
- Masters the OHADA accounting policies.
- Capable of using accounting systems such as – SAGE, QUICKBOOKS OR SAARI, etc.
- Knowledge in drawing financial statements.
- Capable of writing and monitoring budgets.
- Understands the labor laws and Ivorian social security system.
- In addition, they should have the ability to meet strict deadlines and work without supervision, have excellent knowledge and hands-on working experience in operating MS Office suite as well as experience in working with Oracle Financials.
- They should have a thorough understanding of relevant Financial Reporting Standards; knowledge of the application of the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) will be an added advantage.
- They should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to operate in a performance-driven environment, and be a team player with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The applicant should be a person of high work ethics and integrity. Fluency in English and French will be an added advantage.
- Applications to be in both English and French
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age, or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disabilities.
They should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O. Box 30271, 00100 GPO | NAIROBI
Closing Date: Monday, 17th May 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org