ALAF Internal Audit Officer – Dar es Salaam
Hiring Organization: ALAF
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reference Number: 0906202201
Safal Group is currently having the following job opportunity: ALAF Internal Audit Officer in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. See the details below.
- Accountable for reviewing the accounts prepared under Navision (ERP) and checking the adequacy of internal control in Navision accounts and commenting on deviations if any.
- Analyze monthly petty cash reports from ALAF Ltd branches of Arusha, Mwanza, and Mbeya.
- To perform surprise cash counting in every month.
- To audit Bank Reconciliation Statements monthly for all company bank accounts.
- Review debtor’s accounts and issue reports.
- To review the consumption of fuel (diesel, petrol, and lubricants) as assigned from time to time.
- To perform at least IO spare parts physical stock-taking daily to review the physical storage and proper recording of the inventory.
- Audit local purchases and import purchases as per the prescribed audit plan.
- To carry out all the stock-taking procedures (Physical stock-taking) as outlined by Internal Audit, to observe the reliability of stock-taking by the company, and to identify problems and possible errors in the process.
Continuation of Responsibilities
- Pre/Post audits of all payments to ensure these payments are in accordance with the obligations and commitments of the company and that existing accounting and control systems are effective to minimize the risk and errors associated with day-to-day transactions.
- Identifying and discussing the observations arising during the audit of transactions with the concerned staff to get their feedback.
- Drafting the unresolved audit observations related to particular transactions and forwarding to a department head for further evaluations.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of Internal Audit Programs 111 in coordination with the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Ensure that all the information relating to the organization is in safe hands and physical access controls are in place for audit working papers and confidential information with the Internal Audit department.
- To maintain the audit working papers and keep track and follow-ups wherever necessary.
- Ethics and professional conduct; to ensure that rules of professional conduct and practices are being followed with full integrity as required by the audit profession.
- Any other work that may be assigned by Chief Internal Auditor or management special engagements.
- Advanced Diploma in Accountancy/ PGDA (TZ)
- CPA is required
- Strong communication skills to work with all workers
- Excellent attention to detail to review large amounts of data and numbers
- Exceptional mathematical skills to verify entries
- Excellent research skills to find all related information needed
- Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets
How to Apply
If you have interest and would like to apply for the position, kindly click on the link the apply button to start the application process.
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit safal.mcidirecthire.com.