getin41 County Assembly Of Bungoma
Assistant Hansard Editor – Bungoma County
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 5
Reference: CASB 12/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Assistant Hansard Editor – Bungoma County. The remuneration for the Assistant Hansard Editor – Bungoma County shall be as below:
- Basic Salary: 87,360
- House Allowance: Kshs. 21,000
- Other Allowance: Kshs. 12,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing Hansard transcriptions;
- Reviewing sub-edited Hansard reports;
- Prepare duty schedules for Hansard Reporters;
- Preparing documents for storage and retrieval;
- Coordinate the operation of the Digital Multimedia Congress System;
- Overseeing and Co-ordinating assignments in extra-departmental responsibilities;
- Coordinating the maintenance, installation, and upgrading of the Hansard system.
- Examining verbatim reports of the County Assembly plenary proceedings and committees;
- Initiating departmental procurement process as per the approved procurement plan;
- Identifying departmental training needs based on performance appraisal reports;
- Drafting departmental budget proposals.
Requirement for Appointment
- Minimum experience of Four (4) years from the relevant field;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Mass Communication, Journalism, Linguistics, majoring in English and Kiswahili or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in the relevant discipline or field will be an added advantage.
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting for not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative, and professional competence in work performance.
- Meet with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and a National Identity card.
The recruitment team shall require shortlisted candidates to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National Identity card, and clearance from EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: email@example.com
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.