Assistant Projects & Facilities Engineer
Hiring Organization: Upfield
Function: Supply Chain
Reports to: Site Engineering Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Upfield is currently seeking to recruit a suitable and qualified candidate for the following position: Assistant Projects & Facilities Engineer.
At Upfield Their purpose is clear:
They make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. They’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. They’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet it feels like they’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who they are as a company, how they work every day, and the responsibility they feel toward their Associates, consumers, business partners and the world.
They have big ambitions to grow their business and want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
They are the largest plant-based company in the world, and they believe in doing what’s right for their people, customers and the planet.
Upfield is a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! they are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
Main Purpose of the Job
A Projects and facilities engineer is responsible for the continuous running of equipment’s and machinery, projects execution and also maintaining of the facilities within the site. He/She will oversee routine maintenance and organize repairs. Ensure the design, purchase, and installation of assets with appropriate monitoring and management throughout their life cycle. Leveraging maintenance performance indicators shape maintenance programs by providing technical input to maximize asset utilization
Knowledge and Skills
- Business skills – maintenance engineers may be responsible for managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers
- Capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
- Capacity to understand projects conception, actualization, implementation and monitoring.
- Ability to do bill of quantities and determine the costing of projects.
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Teamworking skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
- Ability to negotiate with, and persuade others
- Good diagnostics and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- People management skills.
- Ability to use CMMS for maintenance and Projects purposes.
- Understanding of refrigeration and utilities in a factory
Degree in Engineering related field, Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics or Process engineering.
At least 5 Years’ experience in Maintenance Engineering Department, FMCG will be added advantage.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; Upfield will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And they’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield they want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
How to Apply
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit upfield.com.