getin41 International Rescue
Cash and Medical Assistance (CMA) Benefits Supervisor
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 24 Sep 2022
Under the general direction of the Resettlement Manager, the Cash and Medical Assistance (CMA) Benefits Supervisor is a position responsible for overseeing the intake process for clients enrolled in the Refugee Cash and Medical Assistance program. High quality services are expected to be provided through close supervision of the CMA team. Through a hands-on approach, they ensure service delivery to clients is provided in a timely and culturally appropriate manner. The Supervisor is accountable for administrative and client financials, program reporting, and client file upkeep. In addition, this position is responsible for hiring CMA employees, on-board program training, developing talent within the team including cross training, and seeking out opportunities for professional growth of emerging leaders within the team.
- Manage the Refugee Cash Assistance program and Refugee Medical Assistance program, ensuring appropriate participation, culturally appropriate and timely services, program compliance, and documentation of files.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train staff; manage team in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards and program requirements.
- Conduct case file reviews to ensure compliance with funding requirements.
- May provide direct client services as needed.
- Collaborate closely with program funder.
- Satisfy reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study strongly preferred.
- 3 years’ relevant professional experience in human services field required.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by IRC’s clients is desired; including Dari, Farsi, Pashto, Swahili, and Arabic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
If your career ambitions match the job requirements above, kindly process to apply by clicking the link the apply button. Alternatively, you can Click Here to start the application process.
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing