getin41 DHL Global Forwarding (Kenya) Limited
CFO East Africa for DHL
Hiring Organization: DHL Global Forwarding (Kenya) Limited
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Job Reference: GL81421
Application Deadline: 8th August 2021
DHL Global Forwarding (Kenya) Limited is currently looking for an ambitious and energetic CFO East Africa to shape, drive and manage the Finance function and define the Country and Cluster functional strategy to maintain the short and long-term financial health of the Cluster, and partner. The person will also advise the management team and influence the strategic direction in line with Regional/sub-regional strategy, financial policies, legal framework, and accounting standards.
If this sounds like something you would like to do, please read on.
About Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL)
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world, with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. However, we don’t just move goods, we have a very clear purpose: Connecting People. Improving Lives.
As an employer, we provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development. We recognize the different people bring to our business and together we share in the pride of building one of the world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean, and road freight specialist, we offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your task will be:
- Lead the function or multiple sub-functions on a cluster level.
- Establish and implement strategies that have a long-term (5+ years) impact on business results in alignment with global/regional objectives and directly impacting the organization’s business strategy.
- Shape and define Finance strategy for the Cluster including all financial management services, planning, analysis, reporting and budgets considering Regional/Sub-regional strategy, financial policies, and legal framework and accounting standards.
- Lead Country CFOs within the Cluster and provide necessary support to the Eastern Africa Senior management to achieve business performance and meet short-term and long term targets.
- Plan, organize and control delivery and quality of Finance initiatives and services for Kenya and Eastern Africa Cluster to achieve financial transparency, maintain short and long-term financial health, and partner, advise and challenge the management team, and influence strategic direction.
- Professional leader, line manager for the Cluster finance function involving multiple finance disciplines.
- Provide financial management and control services to the specific business area(s) of larger-scale/ complexity across several countries within the Cluster.
Continuation – Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage cross country diversity in terms of stakeholder management of multiple senior Country, Cluster and Regional leadership.
- Direct and manage exposure to corporate financial matters, including credit management and cash flow optimization.
- Promote the application of the Finance Function internally to ensure that the potential is fully exploited by the business and financial capability built.
- Lead and resolve major/ most complex financial initiatives and issues, drawing on internal and external specialist expertise as needed (i.e. business strategy, expanding operations, efficiency initiatives).
- Manage service relationships with the large business unit as a member of the senior business team.
- Anticipate changing needs/ trends across different markets and geographies.
- Build executive sponsorship and support for key strategic business or finance initiatives.
- Introduce and steer innovations in existing financial processes, systems, and methods for enhanced effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop finance solutions that reflect best practices and work across multiple business areas/ functions/ countries or clusters.
- Negotiate critical agreements/contracts with other departments and 3rd parties.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with senior business leaders across DPDHL and partner organizations.
- Influence others across DPDHL and externally as an internally and externally recognized thought leader representing the Group.
- Champion cooperation and partnership to provide integrated solutions to problems.
- Lead the Finance & Accounting team across the Cluster (incl. remote management).
- Ensure appropriate talent selection, organization and leadership for major areas of the organization.
Your profile should look like:
- More than 10 years
- Master’s degree
- Management & leadership experience, ability to manage in a matrix setup.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Open-minded, willing & able to learn and try out new things.
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with all levels of an organization.
- Strong change management skills.
- International and strong brand support with clear processes
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development supported global internal training plan
- International company environment
How to Apply
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
The application deadline is till 08th August 2021.
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
To apply for this job please visit careers.dhl.com.