getin41 Judicial Service Commission of Kenya (JSC)
Chargehand (Handyman/Technician)JSC – 10 Position
Hiring Organization: Judicial Service Commission – JSC
Job Grade: (JSG 8)
Job Reference Number: V/No. 28/2021
Number of Posts: Ten (10)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Gross Salary Scale: Kshs. 73,000 – 93,900 p.m.
Application Deadline: 29th October 2021
The Commission invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in the Judiciary:- Chargehand (Handyman/Technician)JSC – 10 Position.
The Judicial Service Commission is established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, with a mandate of promoting and facilitating the independence and accountability of the Judiciary, and the efficient, effective and transparent Administration of Justice.
The job holder will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, fixtures and generators in accordance with relevant building standards; Installing, testing, and maintaining pipes, plumbing appliances, apparatus, and fixtures.
The job holder is responsible to the Designated Supervisor
Area of Deployment:
Department of Building Services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking repairs in the areas of specialization;
- Undertaking installations in the areas of specialization;
- Routine checks of equipment in the areas of specialization;
- Managing maintenance of buildings;
- Setting standards for maintenance of equipment;
- Liaising with users on maintenance of offices and courts;
- Preparing of directorate’s maintenance work plan;
- Coordinating the maintenance of generators, lifts and air conditioners; and
- Coordinating repair works in courts and offices.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean grade of C-(Minus) or its equivalent;
- A Diploma in Construction Management, Building/Civil Engineering or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Job Core Competencies:
- Ability to undertake repairs in the areas of specialization;
- Good Interpersonal relations;
- Good Communication skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Confidentiality and High Integrity;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: https://www.jsc.go.ke/index.php/careers/
You can also download the job application forms from the links below
JSC Forms Downloads
- Income and Liabilities Declaration Form
- JSC 2 FORM (Non-public office holders)
- JSC 2A FORM (Public Officers)
Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application-
- A letter of application;
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any).
- Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference;
- Certified copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 29TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates
JSC Contact Information
JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.
For more details visit www.jsc.go.ke
To register on the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) Click here to Sign up
If you are already signed up click here to Log in
Find out more about the position by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit jobs.judiciary.go.ke.