Coater Operator MRM Mariakani
Hiring Organization: MRM – Mabati Rolling Mills
Location: Mariakani, Kilifi County
MRM- Mariakani is seeking to recruit a professional and experienced individual to fill the position of Coater Operator MRM Mariakani.
Main purpose of the position:
Operate the Color Coating Line Coater section in accordance to company standards and procedures.
- Routine/Direct: Executing Coater room operations
- Functional/Indirect: Working as a team with other Color Coating Line operators to achieve the required coils quality.
- Inspect pick-up and applicator rolls to avoid production of painted coils with defects originating from coater rooms.
- Inspect incoming coils to avoid damages on applicator rolls.
- Clean chemical and paint coaters.
- Identify the correct paint according to operation requirements or as requested by line supervisor.
- Check paint properties and liaise with Quality Inspectors for correction if necessary.
- Ensure timely readiness of the chemical and paint solution after stoppages and during program changes.
- Ensuring there is sufficient paint in the tray and that paint is recirculating as required.
- Remove empty paint drums from the coater rooms and disposal of used cotton rags and thinner in accordance to disposal procedure.
- Preparation of chemical & paint coater.
- Ensure paint application in accordance with operation parameters with the right WFT, DFT.
- Liaise with the Quality Inspector for results and roll adjustment.
- Inspect coating progress and correct defects.
- Operate the control desk at the coater room according to the procedure.
- Feed the process parameters into the SCADA as required.
- Report all faults as pertaining to Coaters section or any other section of the line.
- Ensure the material is pre-treated using the recommended procedure before paint is applied.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping at coaters section.
- Fill in the operation parameters as specified in the coater room logbook.
- Participate in strip breakage recovery.
- Participate in line start-up and shut-down activities.
- Train on Entry and Exit sections as may be required for multi-skilling.
- Conduct additional activities as may be assigned by CCL Production Supervisor.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines, safe work practice and good housekeeping (Wear provided PPEs at all times).
- Have a keen observation to CO2 fire suppression system and respond as per emergency plan put in place.
- Minimum academic qualification: Minimum Form 4 Level
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Craft Certificate in mechanical, electrical or paint process exposure
- General work experience (years): Min: 6 months in a manufacturing industry
Key competencies and skills:
- No medical conditions e.g. not allergic to paints
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Team player.
- Flexible and willing to work as instructed.
- Able to communicate appropriately.
How to Apply
If you have interest and would like to apply for the position, kindly click on the link the apply button to start the application process.
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit safal.mcidirecthire.com.