getin41 International Rescue Committee
Community Engagement Coordinator
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 25 Sep 2022
The Community Engagement Coordinator supports the successful integration of refugees, asylees, and other immigrants by leading programming that harnesses the power of welcoming communities. They collaborate with IRC staff to determine needs, coordinate community outreach, build effective relationships, and connect clients with community-based resources.
Major Responsibilities for the Community Engagement Coordinator:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Refine and implement an effective local community engagement strategy for the benefit of the community and IRC’s clients. Community engagement includes general support of IRC’s mission and clients, financial and in-kind donations, and co-sponsorship of IRC clients by community-based groups, including but not limited to businesses, civil society, and faith-based organizations.
- Collaborate with IRC colleagues to amplify messaging about IRC’s work and how community members can support refugee and immigrant families.
- Increase community engagement through outreach. Meet with community members, deliver presentations, represent IRC at local meetings, and create tools, fact sheets, presentations, and templates.
- Plan and implement events and opportunities that foster deeper connections between newcomers and volunteers.
- Recruit, screen, interview, and train volunteers. Serve as the primary point of contact at IRC with local community members and groups. Provide initial orientation to community sponsorship participants and assist throughout the process by providing ongoing training and support to volunteers and groups. Support the resolution of any issues that may arise.
- Coordinate with colleagues to ensure timely delivery and documentation of services for sponsored families, in accordance with funder guidelines.
- Assist with the collection and distribution of in-kind and monetary donations as needed.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and manage others, including staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 2-3 years of related professional experience.
- Prior volunteer or professional experience in community development or volunteer coordination strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Self-direction and initiative, when needed, to take the lead and to follow through to completion.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; ability to communicate in Dari and Pashto is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- In accordance with Arizona State law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
IRC offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
If your career ambitions match the job requirements above, kindly process to apply by clicking the link the apply button. Alternatively, you can Click Here to start the application process.
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing