getin41 Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB)
Compliance Assistant for KFCB
Hiring Organization: Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB)
Job Reference: KFCB/HR/11/2021
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Job Grade: KFCB 8
Application Deadline: 3rd August 2021
The Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) is currently seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Compliance Assistant for KFCB.
To assist in implementing the film and broadcast content regulation policies, guidelines, projects, and strategic objectives to enhance compliance with the Films and Stage Plays Act, Cap 222, and other relevant legislation.
- Carrying out activities towards enforcing broadcasters’ compliance to Cap 222, KICA, and other relevant laws in the interest of protecting children from potentially harmful broadcast content;
- Monitoring TV channels, radio stations, and online video/film streaming services/platforms twenty-four hours (24/7) a week for compliance to Cap 222 and KICA provisions on broadcasters’ responsibilities versus child protection from potentially harmful broadcast content ;
- Assisting in compiling daily media monitoring reports and submit to the supervisor
- Retrieving and viewing suspect broadcast/media content as and when required for advisory and legal purposes
- Assisting in compiling customer feedback/complaints reports in regard to broadcast/media content;
- Checking on a daily basis the working status of the broadcast monitoring equipment allocated and report on any troubleshooting need
- Ensuring the office equipment and space is clean
Specifications/Requirements for Appointment;
- Have a Diploma in any of the following fields: Film/Video/TV /Radio Production, Mass Communication Journalism, Public Relations, Education, Counselling from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in Computer applications
Detailed Job Descriptions, areas of specialization, and additional requirements are also posted on the KFCB website www.kfcb.go.ke
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are required to send their applications quoting the job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card to:email@example.com.
Applications to be received by Close of Business 3rd August 2021
- Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, and transcript during the interviews.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following;
- Clearance Certificate from EACC
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org