getin41 Toyota Kenya
Credit Manager Toyota Kenya
Hiring Organization: Toyota Kenya Limited
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 3rd December 2021
The Organization is seeking to recruit highly competent, proactive and self-driven Credit Manager Toyota Kenya. Who will be reporting to the Finance Manager, based at the Head Office of Toyota Kenya. This is In line with their business strategy.
About Toyota Kenya
Toyota Kenya Limited is the distributor of Toyota, Suzuki, HINO and Yamaha brands in Kenya. The company is a subsidiary of CFAO Group which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho Corporation.
From its inception in 1964, Toyota Kenya Limited has grown to be the leader in the Automotive industry in Kenya. Their Vision is to be the Company where Customers love to visit, and people love to work.
More about the position
The job holder will be responsible for improved business liquidity through the development and implementation of sound credit control procedures that ensures efficient assessment of credit customers, timely collection of debts as well as elimination of bad debts.
Main Responsibilities of the job
- Enforce all Credit Management Policy/Guidelines across the business to ensure full compliance that supports the liquidity of Toyota Kenya
- Review credit limits recommended from operation and coordinate with management for final approval to ensure the approved limits are accurately captured in the system
- Review monthly and weekly target collections and circulate to senior managers for recommendations on ways of bridging performance gaps
- Conduct quarterly review & approval of write back of credit balances held in Toyota Kenya books as per credit policy for posting in the system
- Conduct quarterly review of debtors’ ledger for bad debts and propose for write off
- Monitor credit accounts to ensure sales ledger integrity is adequately maintained
- Review & sign off monthly audit schedules
- Coordinate & enforce all Internal Audit recommendations across the business
- Review monthly debtors report and forward to Management as per requirements to ensure management recommends strategies to address the debtors account for improved liquidity
- Review bank guarantees to ensure that they are adequate & valid at all times
- Conduct bi – annual performance management review in order to recommend areas of competency development for the team to ensure the availability of competencies critical for timely and quality delivery of credit management services
- Assess & endorse new credit customer’s application forms, to ascertain that customer meet the requirements as per the credit policy
- Liaise with the legal office to draw the credit agreements for execution by customers and Toyota Kenya senior managers
- Coordinate bi- annual credit limit reviews to ensure the reviews are done in a timely manner in compliance the Company credit management guidelines
- Prepare monthly debtors report
- Engage external debt collectors to collect bad debts as per the company guidelines, to ensure monies owed to the company by debtors are fully recovered
- Conduct customer visits to enhance business relations, collect debts, and address credit related issues for enhanced customer retention
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or business-related field from a recognized university
- CPA (K)/ACCA qualifications
- Diploma In credit management
- At least Six years’ relevant working experience in Credit in a busy environment of which 3 years should be in at a management level
- Excellent communication, analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- High integrity, professionalism and attention to detail
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, kindly SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FORM
Applications close on Friday 3rd December 2021.
The recruitment team shall Only contact shortlisted candidates
For More information on the position visit: www.toyotakenya.com/careers/
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit toyotakenya.com.