getin41 The Judicial Service Commission (JSC)
Driver II JSC Jobs – 30 open Positions
Hiring Organization: The Judicial Service Commission (JSC)
Job Group: (JSG 9)
Job Reference Number: V/No. 18/2021
Number of Posts: Thirty (30)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Gross Salary Scale: Kshs. 61,400-79,300 p.m.
Application Deadline: 29th October 2021
The Commission invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following vacancies in the Judiciary: Driver II JSC Jobs – 30 open Positions
The Judicial Service Commission is established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, with a mandate of promoting and facilitating the independence and accountability of the Judiciary, and the efficient, effective and transparent Administration of Justice.
The job holder will be responsible for driving authorized vehicle and undertaking minor mechanical adjustments/repairs while ensuring that all vehicle records are correctly and properly maintained.
The job holder is responsible to the designated supervisor.
Area of Deployment:
Directorate of Administration and Security Services/Court Stations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving the vehicles as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling and oil systems, electrical system, tyre pressure and brakes;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Proper maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned to the driver;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Ensuring safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must: –
- A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license for classes B, C & E;
- A First Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. Johns Ambulance, Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other equivalent institution;
- Passed the suitability test for Drivers Grade III;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- A Certificate in Defensive Driving will be an added advantage; and
- Meet the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Have minimum progressive accident-free driving experience of five (5) years
Job Core Competencies:
- Ability to carry-out basic level vehicle maintenance;
- Must be sober, observe body hygiene, courteous, honest and of high integrity;
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate in English & Kiswahili;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and make rational decisions;
- Ability to read maps effectively for directions;and
- Good time management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: https://www.jsc.go.ke/index.php/careers/
You can also download the job application forms from the links below
JSC Forms Downloads
- Income and Liabilities Declaration Form
- JSC 2 FORM (Non-public office holders)
- JSC 2A FORM (Public Officers)
Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application-
- A letter of application;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any).
- Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference;
- A Certified copy of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents;
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts;
- Certified copies of valid driving license of the required driving classes; and
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photograph (2 no.).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Clearance from relevant professional body, where applicable.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 29TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
The Commission will only contact shortlisted and successful candidates.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
JSC Contact Information
JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.
For more details visit www.jsc.go.ke
To register on the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) Click here to Sign up
If you are already signed up click here to Log in
Find out more about the position by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit jobs.judiciary.go.ke.