getin41 The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP)
Driver III – ODPP – 25 Positions
Hiring Organization: Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP)
REF: V/NO. 38/2021
Job Group: DPP 13
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2021
Remuneration and Terms of Employment
Driver III – ODPP
Basic Salary Scale: KES 21,950 p.m. – KES 46,721 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
House Allowance: KES 4,125 (Nairobi), KES 3,375 (Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret, Thika, Kisii, Kitale, Malindi), KES 2,750 (Other Former Municipalities), KES 2,375 (Other Areas).
Commuter Allowance: KES 3,000 p.m.
Leave Allowance: KES 4,000 p.a.
Medical Insurance: As covered by the Medical Insurance Cover for ODPP staff
Group Life Insurance Cover: As covered by the Insurance Cover for ODPP staff
Group Personal Accident Insurance Cover: As covered by Group personal Accident Insurance Cover for ODPP staff
Car Loan: Up to KES 600,000
Mortgage Scheme: Up to KES 4 Million
Requirement for Appointment
For appointments to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Kenya certificate of secondary education mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A valid, driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive
- Attended a first-aid certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week at st. Johns Ambulance, or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT), or any other recognized Institution.
- Passed suitability test for driver grade III
- Passed practical test for driver conducted by the ODPP.
- An annual certificate of eye examination.
- A valid certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya police, and
- At least two (2) years of Driving Experience,
Core skills and competencies.
- Driving skills.
- First aid skills
- Defense driving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills,
- Ability to Work Under Pressure,
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to work well with diverse Workforce,
- Honesty, and integrity.
Duties, and responsibilities.
This is the entry great for this cadre. An officer at this level may be deployed to work at any department or the headquarters or county offices under the supervision of a senior officer.
Specifically, duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Safeguard the motor vehicle on and off the road.
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned.
- Oversee the safety of passengers, and/or goods therein.
- Maintenance of cleanliness of the vehicle to enhance the image of the ODPP, and to make the vehicle user-friendly.
- Carry out routine checks on the vehicle cooling, oil, electrical, and braking systems, tyre pressure among others.
- Maintain daily schedules for the vehicles and driver assigned.
- Detecting and Reporting accidents malfunctioning of the vehicle system to ensure appropriate, strategies are developed to minimize accidents and incidents and on the associated costs.
- Transport authorized staff to a designated location in a safe and timely manner, to support the ODP staff in the performance of work.
- Collect daily schedules from the supervisor and report back for unforeseen changes in the set schedule, to assist in the delivery of transport services against set timelines and quality standards.
- Record distance traveled throughout the month and fuel cost incurred for the proper record, keeping, and management of transport cost.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing the application form ODPP1- click to Download. The form is available at ODPP’s Website www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County offices.
The Candidate should attach COPIES of the following documents to their filled-in application form.
- National ID Card
- Academic and professional certificates and transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post
- Letter of appointment to their previous post and
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
All shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce Originals of the above documents during interviews.
In addition, all candidates who are not ODPP staff shall be required to attach copies of the following valid clearance certificates to the application.
- Law Society of Kenya for Lawyers
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate is a member
ALL Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce Originals of the documents during interviews
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
ODPP Building, Ragati Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 30701 –00100