getin41 Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
French Speaking Underwriter
Hiring Organization: Kenya Reinsurance Corporation
Ref No: KRC/HR/2021/04
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire
Application Deadline: 17th May 2021
Role / Purpose
The French Speaking Underwriter will report to the Regional Manager for the West Africa Regional office based in Abidjan Cote D’Ivoire. The main duties will include, but not limited to:
- Contributing to the development of reinsurance business from French and English speaking countries. The French market will include support to the West Africa regional office as well as other locations.
- Soliciting and receiving business offers from existing and potential clients in line with the Corporations underwriting policy.
- Carrying out market visits regularly in the International market for new business and for renewal of existing business.
- Preparing renewal and new business quotation proposals to cedants and brokers;
- Carrying out treaty and facultative underwriting of the business.
- Translating and interpreting business offers, treaties, facultative and claims, and any other documents from French-speaking countries.
- Reviewing facultative acceptances regularly ahead of renewal and reviewing treaty acceptances
- Ensuring the proper processing of all technical transactions.
- Ensuring accurate input of data and records for allocated markets in respect of premiums, claims, etc.
- Review the reconciliation of cedant and broker accounts and follow up on outstanding amounts due from them while also ensuring timely remittance of amounts due to them.
- Develop an understanding of marketing and underwriting strategies for your business area and contribute to business development and renewal opportunities by attending client meetings to explain Kenya Re’s underwriting philosophy.
- Ensuring appropriate maintenance of all relevant documentation.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that will be assigned by management.
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Insurance, Marketing, or related
- The person(s) should be fully qualified insurance professionals with a diploma in Insurance CII or its equivalent.
- Applicants should be fluent in both spoken and written French and English languages
- They should have five (5) years of relevant experience in reinsurance/insurance, one of which should have been at the Middle management level gained in a reputable organization.2.
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age, or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
Applicants should indicate on the CV their current/last salary and whether they are persons living with disabilities.
They should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O. Box 30271, 00100 GPO | NAIROBI
Closing Date: Monday, 17th May 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org