getin41 G4S Kenya
Manned Security Supervisor (Motorbike Riding skills required)
Hiring Organization: G4S Kenya
Application Deadline: 7th May 2021
Job Introduction of The Manned Security Supervisor:
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager / Operations Manager, the Manned Security Supervisor will ensure the physical presence of the Security Officers at their respective posts and implement the labor efficiency controls. The Manned Security Supervisor will also promote conducive work relationships, proper customer service levels, and champion Health and Safety at the workplace.
Role Responsibility for The Manned Security Supervisor:
Ensure the physical presence of Security Officers at respective posts
- Confirm that all posts under his/her jurisdiction are adequately manned as per the contract requirement in terms of correct number and rank
- Confirm that the Security Officers are physically fit and in a sober state of mind when reporting on duty
- Ensure Security Officer signs on-time posting sheets to confirm the presence
- Confirm that Security Officers report on time and do not leave their posts uncovered
Ensure proper turn out of Security Officers
- Inspect that all equipment is present and serviceable as per the site requirements (as listed in the site instructions).
- Inspect the appearance of the Security Officers to confirm that they are smartly dressed in full G4S uniform
Implement labor efficiency controls
- Accurately capture time and attendance in the posting sheets
- Implement the Security Officers’ duty roster and ensure that Security Officers take their weekly off duties and annual leave as scheduled
- Ensure that posts and assignments are optimally covered with the right numbers of security officers and ranks
Promote conducive work relationship
- Hold brief/debrief sessions with Security Officers regularly and facilitate conflict resolution among the Security Officer force
- Discuss any problems/issues with the security officers and provide feedback regarding previous issues raised.
- Escalate any unresolved problems/ issues to the Customer Services Manager (CSM) in a timely manner.
- Ensure a high level of staff motivation and performance that meets G4S standards
Champion health and safety in the work environment
- Perform a site walkthrough to identify hazards and appropriate controls. Hazards that cannot be immediately resolved should be noted and escalated to the Customer Services Manager (CSM).
- Review the site risk assessment / perform an audit once a month. Any changes to existing risks, or any new risks, should be noted and escalated to the Customer Services Manager (CSM).
- Ensure that all assignments in the area have post instructions and emergency procedures
- Ensure strict compliance with the G4S golden rules, minimum standards, and all related policies
- Implement health and safety initiatives at the lowest level
- Report incidents to the CSM in a timely manner
- Ensure that there is a fatigue management plan is in place where necessary e.g rotation
The Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or it’s equivalent
- Be literate to the extent of reading and understanding printed regulations, detailed assignment instructions, training instructions, and be able to compose reports that convey complete information
- Riding Skills – At least 5 years active riding experience with a clean license.
- At least 5 years experience in security operations
- Basic Microsoft Word
- Basic Microsoft Excel
Behavioral Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
To start the application process, click on the brown link in the apply button
For The Latest Jobs Click on our Job Listings
To apply for this job please visit careers.g4s.com.