getin41 Kakamega County
Kakamega County Chief Officers – Accounting & Finance
Hiring Organization: Kakamega County Public Service Board
Job Group CPSB 02 (‘S’)
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Duration: 8 Months Contract
Application Deadline: 8th December 2021
The Kakamega County Public Service Board is inviting applications for the following positions: Kakamega County Chief Officers. These are Accounting and Finance positions.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
Terms of Service: Eight (8) Months Contract
Job Group CPSB 02: Ksh. 133,870 x 6,570 – 140,440 x 6,670 – 147,210 x 6,960 – 154,170 x 7,160 – 161,330×7,810 – 169,140×13,680 – 182,820 x 14,980 – 197,800 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Chief Officer will be the Authorized and Accounting Officer of a Department. He/She will be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member for the administration of a Department.
Specific duties include:
- Administration of a County Department;
- Formulation and implementation of programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
- Implementation of policies and regulations;
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery;
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of the Department’s financial and non-financial resources including management, control and reporting on financial information, material resources and facilities;
- Building human resource capacity by developing and implementing human resource plans for the Department;
- Efficient and effective service delivery to the public; and
- Promoting the realization of County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP).
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant professional experience, five years of which should be in a leadership position or senior management level in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Have a proven experience in managing resources in a high performing organization;
- Possess knowledge and skills in the following areas: Project Planning and Management; Public Financial Management; Human Resource Management; Conflict Resolution Management; Strategic Management and Leadership;
- Have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development objectives and Vision 2030;
- Be a strategic thinker and results oriented;
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
- Meet the requirements prescribed in Chapter six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage; and
- Membership to a professional body will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications, kindly proceed to the Kakamega County Recruitment Portal. A link has been provided. Recruitment Portal Link
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit 18.104.22.168.