Hiring Organization: KICC
Job Grade 6
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 5th July 2022
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following posts: KICC Accountant.
About the Position
The Accountant reports to the Principal Accountant and is responsible for the below
Brief About KICC
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote the business of meetings, conferences and exhibitions. This entails:
- Organizing and hosting meetings and providing incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre;
- Developing and implementing the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders;
- Marketing the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board; and;
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Preparing and verifying vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
- Collecting and delivering of bank correspondences;
- Data capturing and, maintaining primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers;
- Preparing simple reports e.g. bank reconciliations, daily cash position report, imprest and expenditure returns etc;
- Keeping in safe custody records under him/her;
- Receipting of all money due and payable to the Corporation and
- Processing staff and supplier payments as guided by cash balances in the cash books and treasury regulations.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or ACCA level II;
- Proficiency in the usage of recognized computer accounting software and common office applications;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; an
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
If you have interest and have the qualifications above,submit your application which should include: –
- One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary
- Professional certificates and testimonials
- Three professional referees
Terms of offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Appointment of Job Grade KICC 3 shall be a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grades KICC 4, KICC 6, KICC 8 appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
- Comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later than 5th July 2022 at 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P O Box 30746 – 00100
KICC encourages Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized to apply. Please note that the recruitment team shall only contact shortlisted candidates.