KICC ICT Manager
Hiring Organization: KICC
Job Grade 3
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 5th July 2022
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following posts: KICC ICT Manager.
About the Position
The KICC ICT Manager reports to the Director Corporate Services and is responsible for maintaining ICT standards within the Corporation.
Brief About KICC
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote the business of meetings, conferences and exhibitions. This entails:
- Organizing and hosting meetings and providing incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre;
- Developing and implementing the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders;
- Marketing the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board; and;
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- Forecasting and planning on Information and Communications Technology (ICT) needs of the Corporation;
- Initiating best practices in the management of ICT department including ICT Policies, Procedures and frameworks covering disaster recovery, business continuity, system and data security;
- Ensure compliance to approved Information and Communication Technology (ICT) policies at all times;
- Oversee the implementation of the Corporation’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Strategy in support of the core business and Services;
- Ensuring the availability, capacity, security, stability and performance of the systems and infrastructure in the Corporation;
- Designing and adopting the implementation of information disaster recovery mechanisms for the Corporation;
- Recommending training needs for the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) departmental staff.
- Identifying Information and Communications Technology (ICT) gaps and developing proposals to mobilize resources;
- Ensuring development, implementation, reviewing of Information Communication Technology (ICT) strategies;
- Liaising with other heads of departments on their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) needs.
- Interpreting Information and Communication Technology (ICT) regulations, policy and guidelines and cascade to departmental staff;
- Preparation of departmental work plans and budgets;
- Oversee the implementation of ICT work plans and compliance to departmental budget allocations;
- Ensuring implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ICT policies and procedures;
- Spearheading ICT department’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity Management (BCM);
- Managing performance in the ICT department;
- Mentoring and coaching of the ICT departmental staff.
- Spearheading the initiation and subsequent enforcement of the Corporation’s Information Security Management System (ISMS) framework in liaison with the Corporation’s Security Manager.
- Advice the management on matters related to Information Communications Technology (ICT) trends.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Computer Science or Business Administration with specialization in ICT related disciplines any other ICT or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Business Information Technology, Telecommunication/ Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have eight (8) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years experience in a supervisory role;
- Membership to a professional body or Certification in any of the following CCNA,MCSE/ MCTS/MCITP/ ITIL/CCNP/CAPM;
- Must have attended a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
If you have interest and have the qualifications above,submit your application which should include: –
- One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary
- Professional certificates and testimonials
- Three professional referees
Terms of offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Appointment of Job Grade KICC 3 shall be a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grades KICC 4, KICC 6, KICC 8 appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
- Comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later than 5th July 2022 at 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P O Box 30746 – 00100
KICC encourages Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized to apply. Please note that the recruitment team shall only contact shortlisted candidates.