getin41 KPA - Kenya Ports
KPA Dockers 200 Positions
Hiring Organization: Kenya Ports Authority – KPA
Kenya Ports Dockers Grade HG4 – 200 Posts
Location: Mombasa Kenya
Application Deadline: 8th December 2021
The Kenya Ports Authority – KPA is seeking to recruit highly motivated, and result-oriented individuals to fill the following positions: KPA Dockers 200 Positions. This is aimed at enhancing institutional capacity and to deliver their strategy.
About The Kenya Ports Authority
The Kenya Ports Authority – KPA is a commercial and strategic State Corporation. It is mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea and inland waterway ports in Kenya. KPA aspires to position the port of Mombasa as competitive regional hub. The port of Mombasa is a gateway to East and Central Africa and is one of the busiest ports along the East African coastline. The port provides direct connectivity to over 80 ports worldwide. It is linked to a vast hinterland comprising of Uganda Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic, Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania. Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by Road.
About the Position
Reporting to the Gang supervisor, the jobholder will handle cargo manually in stevedoring and other shore handling operations.
- At least Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education. KCSE Mean grade D or its equivalent
- Physically fit
- Good communication skills.
Key Responsibilities and Duties.
- Lock and unlock manual spreaders before the container is lifted from or onto the ship.
- Signal crane operators and reach stacker operators when lifting and stacking containers
- Handle and carry operational gears from one bath to the other.
- Sling and un-sling out of gauge containers/loose cargo
- Physically guide equipment operators in positioning of containers onto either terminal trailer, ship or other Road or rail transport.
- Physically handle and carry packages during stripping, verification, surveys and stuffing.
- Always comply with safe, working procedures.
- Comply with staff regulations, Harbor regulations 1970, circulars and notices issued/revised from time to time.
How to apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application online. Include a duly signed application letter, academic certificate (KCSE Certificate Only), copy of National Identity card and curriculum vitae (CV).
For more details about the position, visit the Kenya Ports Authority Careers Portal: https://www.kpa.co.ke/Careers/Pages/default.aspx
Note to Applicants
Email or hard copy applications are not acceptable.
Consideration shall be given to applicants who made their application through the E recruitment portal. The links to the KPA Recruitment Portal are below
If you are already registered: Click Here to Log in
For those who need to register: Click here to register.
For Consideration, submit your application no later than the 8th December 2021.
Kenya Ports Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
KPA commits to diversity and gender equality.
Conversing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Proceed with the Application by clicking on the link in the Apply Button
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job please visit kpa-erecruitment.kpa.co.ke.