getin41 County Assembly Of Bungoma
Legal Counsel I – Bungoma County
Hiring Organization: County Assembly of Bungoma
Job Grade CASB 6
Reference: CASB 8/8/2021
Location: Bungoma, Kenya
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2021
The Bungoma County Assembly Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following Position: Legal Counsel I – Bungoma County. The remuneration for the Legal Counsel I – Bungoma County shall be as below:
- Basic Salary: 56,370
- House Allowance: 18,000
- Other Allowance: 8,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting of Bills;
- Drafting of Committee stage amendments reports to Bills proposed to the Assembly by any Member of County Assembly or any Committee of County Assembly;
- Liaising with legal officers in the office of the County Attorney on litigation matters involving County Assembly;
- Legal representation of County assembly and the CASB in court proceedings;
- Drafting legal opinions on matters before or relating to County Assembly and giving legal advice on commercial matters;
- Review and examine claims, litigation, arbitration and prepare draft responses to the same;
- Draft contracts for review; and
- Undertaking legal research on matters before the Department.
Requirements for Appointment
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in the relevant field;
- A Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- A current practicing certificate from the Law Society of Kenya;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting 4 (Four) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results and;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Interested candidates who meet the specifications are requested to forward their applications with copies of academic and professional testimonials, and a National Identity card.
The recruitment team shall require shortlisted candidates to produce originals of their academic and professional testimonials, National Identity card, and clearance from EACC, KRA, DCI, HELB, and CRB.
Please note that:
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application.
- The recruitment team will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
How to Apply
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number (Reference) on the top left corner of the envelope and be addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Bungoma
P.O. Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or be hand-delivered to the Human Resources Management Office, Room 10 at the main County Assembly building.
Interested candidates are should submit their applications no later than 23rd September 2021
The County Assembly of Bungoma is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bungomaassembly.go.ke.