getin41 USAID – MEDS
Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) Specialist
Hiring Organization: USAID – MEDS
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 22nd September 2021
MEDS seeks to recruit for the position of Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) Specialist for the MEDS – USAID Project.
The mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian not-for-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya. It is a Registered Trust of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK). The Organisation’s core mandate is being a reliable supply chain for quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance, and Health Advisory Services. MEDS was established in 1986 and serves clients spread all over Kenya and other regions in Africa.
For More information about MEDS visit: www.meds.or.ke/
About the MEDS – USAID Project
MEDS has entered into a contract with USAID Kenya and East Africa named USAID Accountable Supply Chain for Health Program in Kenya. Project mandate is to Procure, Warehouse, Distribute and Monitor HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis, and Maternal/Neonatal/Child Health (MNCH) commodities in furtherance of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program in Kenya.
- Analyze and assess existing logistics management information systems for Health Products and Technologies (HPTs) to identify existing gaps and recommend optimization solutions.
- Design and deploy an eLMIS solution in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders and partners including USAID and the Ministry of Health to create a harmonized environment for seamless system data exchange through the use of digital health and supply chain interventions.
- Design and deploy systems for supporting Health Commodity Supply Chain including an integrated electronic Proof of Delivery (ePOD) system distribution of HPTs.
- Prepare general and technical requirements for health logistics systems, including general, data, reporting, technical, operational, security, performance, regulatory, and training requirements.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of health systems strengthening initiatives.
- Manage the development of technical manuals, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for health information systems strengthening.
- Carry out analyses of the total cost of ownership, quantifying the financial impact of deploying information technology products over their life cycle.
- Conduct capacity strengthening sessions to share LMIS best practices with staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Promote a culture of supply chain data use for strategic and operational use in monitoring and evaluating supply chains for HPTs.
- Manage development and implementation of health information system training plans.
- Establish a mechanism for health information system sustainability through coaching, mentorship, training, and capacity building of staff.
- Document and track lessons learned to support roll-outs of logistics systems for HPTs.
- Design and generate timely management reports (periodic and ad-hoc) and dashboards to aid strategic decision-making and performance tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business Information Technology.
- At least 3 years experience in a health-related field.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of mainstream software development languages, Linux operating systems, web-based and database applications. Experience in the development of mobile (Android and iOS) applications will be an added advantage.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business Information Technology will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working with USAID-funded projects, managing and using logistic management projects in automated Health Supply chain ecosystem e.g. DHIS2 will be a specific advantage.
- Project implementation and supervisory skills.
How to Apply
If you fit the profile for the above position, please submit your application including a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating your current position, salary, email address, and telephone contacts. In addition, provide a copy of your National Identity Card and names and contacts of three (3) Referees (one of whom must be a professional who has supervised you at some point and another one be a Senior Religious Leader who knows you very well). Submit applications as indicated below.
To: Managing Director
The mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies
P.O. Box 78040, 00507 Nairobi, Kenya
OR, E-mail: USAID-MEDS@meds.or.ke
By: 22nd September 2021
The recruitment team shall only contact shortlisted candidates for interviews.
For the latest Jobs, Check our Job Listing
To apply for this job email your details to USAID-MEDS@meds.or.ke