getin41 Machakos University
Machakos University Deputy ICT Officer
Hiring Organization: Machakos University
Job GRADE 13 (1 Position)
Reference Number: MKsU/ICT/01/22
Location: Machakos, Kenya
Application Deadline: 22nd August 2022
Machakos University invites applications from candidates with suitable qualifications and experience with excellent credentials to fill the following vacant position in the University: Machakos University Deputy ICT Officer
Brief About Machakos University
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) km from Machakos Town along the main Machakos-wote road.
Contacts For Machakos University
P.O Box 136-90100 Machakos
Mobile No: 0708387603, 0737434504
Email Address: email@example.com,
- Develop system algorithms and models used in designing ICT systems for the University to ensure they fully capture the needs of the intended users of the system.
- Coordinate protocol types for the network systems for effective implementation of specific operation supported by the specific procedures.
- Coordinate the development of ICT infrastructural implementation plans for the University. To ensure the intent of output is relevant and necessary prioritization of implementation steps.
- Ensure optimum system security application in all areas.
- Ensure there is compliance of software licensing laws
- Coordinates the preparation of contracts between the University and other entities on matters pertaining to ICT.
- Ensure disposal action is promptly carried out.
- Prepare Service budget, procurement plan, performance targets and work plan
- Prepare ICT project handover reports to inform on the success of the project objectives as well as provide a user manual for the new CT upgrades for guiding users.
- Develop and train staff on use of virtual programmes
- Maintain and regularly update the assets register for all assets in the Department for accountability purposes.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
- Must have an eamed PhD degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field from a recognized institution, with nine (9) years of experience in a relevant field three (3) of which must be at (Grade 12 or equivalent:
- Must have an earned Master’s degree in Computer Science in information Technology or equivalent professional qualification with twelve  years” experience in a relevant field. three (3) years of which af Grade 12.
- Registration with a professional body and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.For more information on the application procedure, kindly visit the University website: www.mksu.ac.ke
How to Apply
All Applications should be sent to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (APF)
P.O BOX 136-90100
The applications should reach the Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s (Administration, Planning and Finance) office on or before 22nd August, 2022.
Machakos University will Only contact shortlisted candidates.
The University is an equal opportunity employer; It encourages women, persons with disabilities and those from marginalized regions to apply.
The University advises applicants to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline. A soft copy (one running pdf file) of the application must also be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org