getin41 The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI)
Project Coordinator KMR 5 at KEMRI
Hiring Organization: The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI)
Reports to: Site Coordinator
Application Deadline: 19th May 2021
About the Position
KEMRI–CCR PHRD (Thika) clinical trials Project is currently looking for a motivated individual to fill in the following vacant position: Project Coordinator KMR 5 at KEMRI
Coordination of PrEP implementation activities.
- Community engagement and coordination of PrEP implementation in reproductive public health facilities
- Team lead for the Technical Assistants, Data abstractors, and Project Interns
- Close collaboration with the County Health Management Teams (CHMT)
- Establish beneficial partnerships and work with other implementing partners and stakeholders on PrEP implementation.
- Planning and conducting relevant project debriefs and meetings
- Monitoring implementation of PrEP in all tiers of GOK, FBO, and Private facilities
- Participation in the national and regional PrEP TWGs
- Implementation of study protocolsoParticipate in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and ensuring they are followed as per protocoloPreparing project updates
- Drawing project budgets and coordination of other logistics
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Education and Professional training
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Systems Management, or any other health-related field
- PrEP training competency
- Competent in project management
- Stakeholder management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- At least five years’ experience managing projects
- Previous experience working with the Ministry of Health, training health providers on PrEP
- Prior GCP and human subjects training is desirable
- Research experience is an added benefit
Terms of employment
Employment is on a one-year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience, and demonstrated competency.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 19th May 2021.
KEMRI Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed To Diversity; Persons With Disability, Women, Youth, And Those From Marginalized Areas Are Encouraged To Apply. KEMRI Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of Its Recruitment Process Including Application, Interview, And Processing Of Offer Letter. If Asked For A Fee, Report Such Request Immediately.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org