getin41 Public Service Commission of Kenya
Public Communication Officer -PSC- 2 positions
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Department: Corporate Services
Application Deadline: 12th April 2021
Job Summary of The Public Communication Officer -PSC
The Public Communication officer shall Undertake Public Communication research, interpret, make recommendations as appropriate and implement related policies, strategies and programmes under the guidance of a more senior officer among other related duties.
Terms of Service:
Annual leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the Commission.
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in Communications Studies, Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Media Studies, Corporate Communications or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Initiating setting of annual Staff Performance Appraisal targets for the Unit;
- Undertake Public Communication research, interpret, make recommendations as appropriate and implement related policies, strategies and programmes under the guidance of a more senior officer;
- Participating in the implementation of performance contract targets, strategic plan and performance appraisal on annual work plans, budgetary requirements, procurement plans and cash flow projections for the unit under the guidance of a more senior officer; and
- Initiating preparation of quarterly and annual performance and management reports on operations of the unit under the guidance of a more senior officer.
- Participating in packaging Commission’s events for dissemination to the media and public;
- Initiating corporate publications, articles and newsletters; and
- Initiating collection of information on policies, programmes, significant events and disseminating the same to media and public
To start the application process, click on the brown link in the apply button
For The Latest Jobs Click on our Job Listings
To apply for this job please visit www.psckjobs.go.ke.